The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge Masters - Land Economy

After my undergraduate, I want to do a masters in land economy or development studies at cambridge. How easy is it to gain a place? As I’ve previously had an offer from Cambridge for land economy however didn’t meet the grades. As well as, what is the course like and how does it differ to undergrad?
i don't know if Cambridge will consider your past application experience with them, but if you apply for the masters, i hope they accept :smile:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Doubt an unsuccessful application to the undergraduate degree would make a difference, even if they held that data and made a point of reviewing it.

@threeportdrift might be able to advise more about specific points on land economy masters admissions as I think that's their area?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by artful_lounger
Doubt an unsuccessful application to the undergraduate degree would make a difference, even if they held that data and made a point of reviewing it.

@threeportdrift might be able to advise more about specific points on land economy masters admissions as I think that's their area?

thank you
Original post by revzorevenue248
After my undergraduate, I want to do a masters in land economy or development studies at cambridge. How easy is it to gain a place? As I’ve previously had an offer from Cambridge for land economy however didn’t meet the grades. As well as, what is the course like and how does it differ to undergrad?

Land Ec at MPhil, unlike most other MPhils at Cam which are a mixture of taught and dissertation, is by dissertation only, so more like a mini PhD. If you don't have a decent research proposal, you aren't going to get anywhere in the application process.

Development Studies is very competitive, primarily because of course it recruits from a global population. So if you are a UK undergrad, it can be hard to stack up against folks coming from countries with real development experience. If you don't have top level academics at undergrad or real world experience to contribute, it's a competitive course.
anyone else applying to mphil land econ research?
Original post by Anonymous #2
anyone else applying to mphil land econ research?

me!how is your application and timeline?
Original post by Anonymous #3
me!how is your application and timeline?

I just moved from submitted (9th Jan) to Under review by department (25th Jan). Applying with a strong 2.1 for a BSc Finance degree, relevant internships and a reference from an ex-cambridge professor. Think my research proposal was fairly strong too. Will find out soon anyway.
I just moved from submitted (9th Jan) to Under review by department (25th Jan). Applying with a strong 2.1 for a BSc Finance degree, relevant internships and a reference from an ex-cambridge professor. Think my research proposal was fairly strong too. Will find out soon anyway.

Yeahhhhh I submitted at 11.9 with a 1.1 from BSc Economics at UCL, really worried about the outcome right now. Maybe we can share our info together!
Reply 9
anyone applying to development studies at cambridge this year???
Reply 10
Original post by ciciz
anyone applying to development studies at cambridge this year???

Yep, me. I applied in November. Have you applied too?
Original post by Anonymous #3
Yeahhhhh I submitted at 11.9 with a 1.1 from BSc Economics at UCL, really worried about the outcome right now. Maybe we can share our info together!

Hi I've also applied for the MPhil Land Economy Research course in January. If you don't mind me asking, have you received an update following the 'Under Review by department' stage?

Hi I've also applied for the MPhil Land Economy Research course in January. If you don't mind me asking, have you received anupdate following the 'Under Review by department' stage?
Anyone heard back?
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone heard back?

I've not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending