The Student Room Group

When can I bleach my hair again?

I washed my hair yesterday in the morning and I was wondering if I could bleach it again this evening?
If it helps it’s only a single strand of hair that’s been bleached two days ago and I’ve never bleached before that. I’ve got thick hair?
Original post by rohanodo
I washed my hair yesterday in the morning and I was wondering if I could bleach it again this evening?
If it helps it’s only a single strand of hair that’s been bleached two days ago and I’ve never bleached before that. I’ve got thick hair?

Why does it need bleaching again, if you only did it two days ago?
Reply 2
I’ve got black hair so I want more colour to lift?
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
Why does it need bleaching again, if you only did it two days ago?

I'd be careful that it doesn't go a bit orange...especially so soon after having bleached it. :smile:
Reply 5

i don't get it. only a single strand, or your whole hair?
Reply 6
I'd be careful that it doesn't go a bit orange...especially so soon after having bleached it. :smile:

hahaha it’s already gone dark orange, I thought that’s why you’re supposed to bleach it again? I’ve used toner and purple shampoo and not much changed
hahaha it’s already gone dark orange, I thought that’s why you’re supposed to bleach it again? I’ve used toner and purple shampoo and not much changed

I think the danger is that it can just go a bit of a brighter orange! What colour are you trying to get it to?
Reply 8
I think the danger is that it can just go a bit of a brighter orange! What colour are you trying to get it to?

ohhhhh right I see...... lol, I’m trying to get it whit/blonde ish
Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.
i don't get it. only a single strand, or your whole hair?

haha nope just like a single strand😂

If it's 'virgin hair' (i.e it's not dyed black/dark or hasn't had much processing), then you should get a good result with bleaching it again. But you need to leave a week between processes, not a couple of days! :smile:
Reply 11
haha nope just like a single strand😂

then it's fine. use olaplex if you can get hold of it, it will reduce the damage. only take your hair to banana peel kind of colour, then use a toner to fix it. just remember that if your hair is very dark - especially asian hair or black hair, you'll never get it really white, without totally frying it.
Reply 12
If it's 'virgin hair' (i.e it's not dyed black/dark or hasn't had much processing), then you should get a good result with bleaching it again. But you need to leave a week between processes, not a couple of days! :smile:

Perfect! Yeah it is thanks so much:smile:

If you're trying to get it a whitish blonde you'll need to bleach it again but maybe leave it a few days for your hair to recover. Make sure you deep condition your hair too. If you're going from black it might take another 1-2 sessions but keep an eye on the condition of your hair as if it starts getting really damaged, you need to stop.
Reply 14
Original post by Ciel.
then it's fine. use olaplex if you can get hold of it, it will reduce the damage. only take your hair to banana peel kind of colour, then use a toner to fix it. just remember that if your hair is very dark - especially asian hair or black hair, you'll never get it really white, without totally frying it.

hahaha yeah it’s asian hair, cool I’ll keep that in mind, thank you so much:smile:)
Reply 15
Original post by ohnojay
If you're trying to get it a whitish blonde you'll need to bleach it again but maybe leave it a few days for your hair to recover. Make sure you deep condition your hair too. If you're going from black it might take another 1-2 sessions but keep an eye on the condition of your hair as if it starts getting really damaged, you need to stop.

okie cool, so don’t do it tonight?
okie cool, so don’t do it tonight?

preferably not, maybe just condition and look after your hair today so that it can recover.

Quick Reply

Latest