The Student Room Group

Mcdonald’s group interview

i have a group interview at mcdonalds in a few days and i’m just so so nervous :frown: ive never had a job before so im scared ill look like a clown compared to everyone else + group situations are v awkward so i’m starting to feel anxious about it now. what are the group interviews usually like? what questions are asked usually? i have dyed hair, would that be okay? (i dont wanna dye it black again, it took so much bleaching to get it pink and im not eager to go through that again) and how do i keep my nerves in check?
Don't worry you will be fine just breathe and be yourself and even if you are not confident just act like you are and put a front on saying that you are a strong confident person that they can rely on.Good luck!!!
Original post by Teresa09
Don't worry you will be fine just breathe and be yourself and even if you are not confident just act like you are and put a front on saying that you are a strong confident person that they can rely on.Good luck!!!

yeahh youre right but i’m just scared i’ll see one of my classmates or something and then they’ll say something bc im pretty shy in class but pretended to be confident in the application :frown: idk maybe im being paranoid lol
Original post by lostartenjoyer
yeahh youre right but i’m just scared i’ll see one of my classmates or something and then they’ll say something bc im pretty shy in class but pretended to be confident in the application :frown: idk maybe im being paranoid lol

How did it go?
How did it go?

it actually went pretty well!! i got the job :smile:
Oh that's great well done!!!
How is it going so far?
How is it going so far?

it’s actually not as bad as i thought it would be, i’m pretty shy so i thought it would be terrible but i’ve gotten a lot better at being able to talk to people in terms of confidence lol. it’s a bit stressful at times tho because you have to be pretty fast but i think i’m getting better at it and i kinda like being busy i guess haha
Haha that’s really good
Reply 9
i have a group interview at mcdonalds in a few days and i’m just so so nervous :frown: ive never had a job before so im scared ill look like a clown compared to everyone else + group situations are v awkward so i’m starting to feel anxious about it now. what are the group interviews usually like? what questions are asked usually? i have dyed hair, would that be okay? (i dont wanna dye it black again, it took so much bleaching to get it pink and im not eager to go through that again) and how do i keep my nerves in check?

What did they ask, and what did you have to do? I have a group interview with McDonalds too and I don’t know what it’ll be like 😣
Original post by nuwo
What did they ask, and what did you have to do? I have a group interview with McDonalds too and I don’t know what it’ll be like 😣

sorry i didnt see this before i had exams so i didnt log in!

it wasnt much of a 'group' interview, more so that we sat in the same room while everyone was interviewed individually

basically, at the start, they called everyone in and asked us to fill in a bunch of forms about availability, what branches you can work at, your name, number, address, etc. then they called everyone individually and looked at our forms and took the interview. it was fairly simple questions, "why do you want to work here", "what are your hobbies", "why do you think you're suited for this?" then if you pass the interview, you get to go to a second one where you meet the manager of the branch and they literally just ask about when youre available, if youd rather work front or kitchen, how long does it take for you to reach work from home, weekly hours etc

hope it goes/ went well for you!

it wasnt much of a 'group' interview, more so that we sat in the same room while everyone was interviewed individually

basically, at the start, they called everyone in and asked us to fill in a bunch of forms about availability, what branches you can work at, your name, number, address, etc. then they called everyone individually and looked at our forms and took the interview. it was fairly simple questions, "why do you want to work here", "what are your hobbies", "why do you think you're suited for this?" then if you pass the interview, you get to go to a second one where you meet the manager of the branch and they literally just ask about when youre available, if youd rather work front or kitchen, how long does it take for you to reach work from home, weekly hours etc

Hi just wondering was it hard for people to pass the interview i have my next tuesday

Thanks very much for that
Reply 13

Pls do you mind sharing your answers to these particular questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending