The Student Room Group

TV + Film Trivia Quiz (with a twist!)

Hello all :hi:
Welcome to the first quiz of the TSR Pub Quiz 2020! :ahee:
Today's quiz will be:

TV Film Trivia Quiz (with a twist!)

We start the Quiz tonight (Thursday 30th April) at 8.05pm! (NHS clap at 8pm! :heart: )

Yes this quiz will be all about TV series and films. The twist is that questions and answers are given in the style of Richard Osman's House of Games "Answer Smash".

This is where the first part of the answer and the second part of the answer are merged together to give a “smashed answer”

For example:

Q: Which cocktail is made with ingredients such as vodka, tomato juice, and other spices and flavourings?

Who was the female judge of the Great British Bake off from 2010-2016?

Answer: Bloody Mary Berry

Scoring
Everyone will receive 1 point for each correct answer you give.

I will post the questions at (roughly) 5 minute intervals and quote in everyone who answered the previous question. :yy:

Bonus points may be awarded if you are the fastest to tell me the correct answer. Discrepancies/Challenges in correct answers and scoring will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

Happy Quizzing!

Question 1 -

Spoiler

Question 2 -

Spoiler

Question 3 -

Spoiler

Question 4 -

Spoiler

Question 5 -

Spoiler

Question 6 -

Spoiler

Question 7 -

Spoiler

Question 8 -

Spoiler

Question 9 -

Spoiler

Question 10 -

Spoiler

Leaderboard
:king1: - Miriam29 - 15
:king2: - LifeIsFine - 11
:king3: - CatusStarbright - 11

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Quoting all people interested in the Sign Up thread! :woohoo:
Check out the first quiz guys :ahee:
See you at 8pm :smile:

Spoiler

:woo: so excited!
I love the answer smash round :yep: (but am not very good when it includes pics of celebrities!) :tongue:
Reply 3
I love answer smash but never know who people are so this looks fun (and easier)
Brilliant!
wow. excited
this looks fun! 😊
I'll postpone the gin and wine until 8.15pm now, I think :woo:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Quoting all people interested in the Sign Up thread! :woohoo:
Check out the first quiz guys :ahee:
See you at 8pm :smile:

Spoiler

the NHS clap is at 8pm today, so maybe afterwards xx
Original post by Oxford Mum
the NHS clap is at 8pm today, so maybe afterwards xx

times are approximate so I'm sure you'll be able to make it for the 2nd question onwards :smile:
We love our NHS :heart:
:grouphugs:
Reply 10
times are approximate so I'm sure you'll be able to make it for the 2nd question onwards :smile:
We love our NHS :heart:
:grouphugs:

Can it not start a bit after 8pm?
Original post by Sir Cumference
Can it not start a bit after 8pm?

I will start to prepare the first question at 8pm(ish) depending on how on-track the evening meal goes as well :redface:
I'll keep you guys updated and hope to clap along also!
Original post by Aph
I love answer smash but never know who people are so this looks fun (and easier)

I think there should be something for everyone in this quiz so fingers crossed :woo:
Original post by laurawatt
:woo: so excited!
I love the answer smash round :yep: (but am not very good when it includes pics of celebrities!) :tongue:

:ahee: me too! Richard Osman's House of Games has been entertaining me throughout lockdown, it's really great. My favourite round has to be the Broken Karaoke though :tongue:
You got this Laura :woo:
:ahee: me too! Richard Osman's House of Games has been entertaining me throughout lockdown, it's really great. My favourite round has to be the Broken Karaoke though :tongue:
You got this Laura :woo:

Maybe an 8:05 start would be best for people?

The pairs averages one is my fav :yep: (simply average? Can’t remember the name :tongue:)
Thanks everyone for your kindness xx
Is this being held here? Have an online class at 9 but can stay until half 8 or so!
Original post by Edminzodo
Is this being held here? Have an online class at 9 but can stay until half 8 or so!

yes, go for it :smile:
hope your class is good too :hugs: :ahee:
yes, go for it :smile:
hope your class is good too :hugs: :ahee:

Danke, Cheese!
Hype!
Ooh
well i don't know much about films but I'll see what I can do (so long as I'm available at 8pm... which I don't know)
:woo:

Quick Reply