The Student Room Group

is this true for predicted grades?

I heard some schools predict you one grade higher than what you get in your as or year 1 mocks. is this true for others?

so if you get 3 Bs you'd be predicted 3 As
That also depends on how the teacher judges your progression and ability throughout the time they have been teaching you, but most likely it is the case that if you get a B, you will be predicted an A. So rest assure that as long as there's evidence that you keep up your work regularly and readily, the teacher will definitely give you that grades because they know you have the consistency in your work and attitude towards studying and achieving the desired grades.
Is this official confirmation by a school/college?
As somebody as said above, I think it really depends on what progression you have shown throughout your course and if your school inflates grade boundaries etc.
Is this for UCAS or actual grades this year too?
Honestly our teachers are telling us that they're going to be harsher with our predicted grades so I'm kinda scared
Reply 5
Yes - some schools do that. Others predict you exactly what you got. Or something different. Or one grade lower.

Original post by m17br
Is this for UCAS or actual grades this year too?

just the predicted grades that you apply with. i.e. the woefully inaccurate inflated ones
Original post by fijitastic
Honestly our teachers are telling us that they're going to be harsher with our predicted grades so I'm kinda scared

It’s all moderated to prevent over and under grading a whole year group. (Unfortunately theres nothing the government can do to stop individuals being over or under graded)

Quick Reply

Latest