The Student Room Group

What do I do if my A-level predicted grades are very different to each other?

I have been predicted ACD and this is making it difficult for me to choose where to apply for uni as I'm also in an extenuating circumstance. My predicted grades aren't a true reflection of my capabilities and were deeply affected, however I may be able to pull through with better grades. Any advice?
Reply 1
Have you talked to your school about your predicted grades? I suggest doing that first to see if they can make changes that truly reflect your capabilities.

If that is not possible, you can apply for uni on results day once you achieve your grades through clearing. But this depends on the uni and course since some competitive courses may not have any spaces.

You could also just take a year break and apply the next ucas cycle.
Original post by iishadowknightii
I have been predicted ACD and this is making it difficult for me to choose where to apply for uni as I'm also in an extenuating circumstance. My predicted grades aren't a true reflection of my capabilities and were deeply affected, however I may be able to pull through with better grades. Any advice?

Perhaps apply to some courses wanting BCC; you should get some offers from those. If, come results day, you pull a much better set of grades out the bag then try "upgrading" to a better course / uni via Clearing(*). If that doesn't work, consider declining your BCC place, taking a gap year, and reapplying with those better grades.

(*) Technically you can't apply a course via Clearing without declining any place you have, but you might be able to get an indication over the phone as to whether they'd be likely to accept you via Clearing if you were to apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending