The Student Room Group

how can i get Alevel predicted grades as a private student

im a student from China,my adviser told me i gotta find an international school which has Alevel qualification to give predicted grades,can my private tutor gives me predicted grades?My tutor is from a school which offers ib and ap courses and there r many students got into Oxbridge.How about the competitiveness of the predicted grades my tutor gave me.My adviser said only the school which has Alevel qualifications and has buzzword,as a exam center can give predicted grades,is it true?im really worried ive got 99% in Alevel math and i really wanna go to Oxford,
Reply 1
I have no experience of this myself but your situation sounds quite similar to the issues UK Home schooled children face. They are taking an qualification however, the course conveyor is considered bias.
In this situation they take a mock paper with the exam board at a venue e.g. a school. The exam is marked by the exam board and this is the grade used (this is a 2nd hand recount of an experience, one of my friends was home schooled until University). I'm assuming this is the same as what you mean by asking an exam centre to test you.
If asking the exam centre does not work, I would suggest contacting each of your exam boards for A-level qualifications to discuss how you are able to obtain a 'mock grade' for University entry.
Best of luck 加油 :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by _lucie_
I have no experience of this myself but your situation sounds quite similar to the issues UK Home schooled children face. They are taking an qualification however, the course conveyor is considered bias.
In this situation they take a mock paper with the exam board at a venue e.g. a school. The exam is marked by the exam board and this is the grade used (this is a 2nd hand recount of an experience, one of my friends was home schooled until University). I'm assuming this is the same as what you mean by asking an exam centre to test you.
If asking the exam centre does not work, I would suggest contacting each of your exam boards for A-level qualifications to discuss how you are able to obtain a 'mock grade' for University entry.
Best of luck 加油 :smile:

u r so sweet that u even send a Chinese word lol luv u!!
Original post by Bai Yulong
im a student from China,my adviser told me i gotta find an international school which has Alevel qualification to give predicted grades,can my private tutor gives me predicted grades?My tutor is from a school which offers ib and ap courses and there r many students got into Oxbridge.How about the competitiveness of the predicted grades my tutor gave me.My adviser said only the school which has Alevel qualifications and has buzzword,as a exam center can give predicted grades,is it true?im really worried ive got 99% in Alevel math and i really wanna go to Oxford,

Your advisor is an idiot. I hope you aren’t paying them.

Where will you sit your exams?

Predicted grades are an OPTIONAL part of your academic reference. You can choose anyone you like to provide your reference and you can speak to them about whether they are willing to provide predicted grades. Many international applicants don’t have predicted grades. Universities understand that predicted grades aren’t commonly used in other countries and won’t penalise you for it.
Reply 4
Your advisor is an idiot. I hope you aren’t paying them.

Where will you sit your exams?

Predicted grades are an OPTIONAL part of your academic reference. You can choose anyone you like to provide your reference and you can speak to them about whether they are willing to provide predicted grades. Many international applicants don’t have predicted grades. Universities understand that predicted grades aren’t commonly used in other countries and won’t penalise you for it.[/QUO
thx a lot,could u send me ur ig account i wanna reach out to u for more details,my adviser said UCAS has reformed this year. Only the predicted grades issued by schools with A-Level examination centers are valid and authoritative.And i hope to hire u as my adviser
i sit my exam in British council
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending