The Student Room Group

Would I be able to get into Oxbridge Law with these subjects?

Hi!
I was wondering if I would be able to have a competitive application for Oxbridge Law with the subjects Politics (predicted A*), Geography (predicted A*) and Sociology (predicted A), and the A-Level grades 998888877 (I was in the 94th percentile for grades in my year, and came from a below average state school in an area of low progression to FE & HE, Quintile 1).
I have just been told that its difficult to make it to Oxbridge Law with a 'softer' subject like Sociology, and was wondering whether that was really true or not.

Thank you!
Original post by happylondon
Hi!
I was wondering if I would be able to have a competitive application for Oxbridge Law with the subjects Politics (predicted A*), Geography (predicted A*) and Sociology (predicted A), and the A-Level grades 998888877 (I was in the 94th percentile for grades in my year, and came from a below average state school in an area of low progression to FE & HE, Quintile 1).
I have just been told that its difficult to make it to Oxbridge Law with a 'softer' subject like Sociology, and was wondering whether that was really true or not.

Thank you!

Have you asked Oxford and Cambridge directly? They have phones and staff on hand to answer questions like this.
All it says on their website is that at least one essay writing subject is preferred, they have no strict requirements and some people get in with completely unrelated A level subjects

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending