The Student Room Group

AQA english language paper 1 question 3

Firstly there's a few grammatical mistakes that are easily fixed, I'm not saying you aren't aware, but just thought I'd say- such as 'women' should be 'woman' and remember that 'an' goes before any word that starts with a vowel- as I said, easily fixed. You make some good points that are clear and distinct, however, you can't assume that the reader feels these things. Perhaps instead of saying 'we as the reader' you could say that by detailing Rosbel's struggles, the author strives for the reader to feel sympathy for her, using everyday struggles that we ourselves might have faced. Obviously use something along those lines and not the exact sentence because I can't write it for you, but I'm just trying to make it clear that if you're going to say the reader will feel a certain way, you have to explain why. I honestly don't know what I would mark it out of eight, but please don't think that's me saying it's bad. Hope this helps!

AQA english language paper 1 question 3

Firstly there's a few grammatical mistakes that are easily fixed, I'm not saying you aren't aware, but just thought I'd say- such as 'women' should be 'woman' and remember that 'an' goes before any word that starts with a vowel- as I said, easily fixed. You make some good points that are clear and distinct, however, you can't assume that the reader feels these things. Perhaps instead of saying 'we as the reader' you could say that by detailing Rosbel's struggles, the author strives for the reader to feel sympathy for her, using everyday struggles that we ourselves might have faced. Obviously use something along those lines and not the exact sentence because I can't write it for you, but I'm just trying to make it clear that if you're going to say the reader will feel a certain way, you have to explain why. I honestly don't know what I would mark it out of eight, but please don't think that's me saying it's bad. Hope this helps!
thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending