The Student Room Group

b-tech

hi... so im taking b-tech at college this September so do you guys have any tips for me that will help me
Reply 1
What subject is your BTEC going to be in? Is it Level1/2 (GCSE standard) or Level 3 (A level standard)?
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
What subject is your BTEC going to be in? Is it Level1/2 (GCSE standard) or Level 3 (A level standard)?

Level 3 x
Reply 3
My sister is in Upper Sixth and she did an Engineering BTEC A-level standard, so this is basically what I got from her...

Be prepared for a lot of work- it is a full A-level equivalent and not easier. It is great if you do better in coursework or gradual testing rather than a huge test at the end. But it is not 'easier' so make sure you work just as hard.

If there are any topics you don't understand at the time, SORT IT! My sister struggled with the maths and it is really coming back to bite her, especially as she no longer has proper access to teachers but is having to complete the BTEC. Understanding things at the beginning is so important.

Make sure you work/ revise for every test, because they all count. Don't push it back or procrastinate- you want to do the best you can for the full 2 years.

Have fun!! BTECs are often much more enjoyable than an A-Level course so relax into it and work as hard as you can.

Hope this helps and good luck :smile: xx
Reply 4
Original post by izzy888
My sister is in Upper Sixth and she did an Engineering BTEC A-level standard, so this is basically what I got from her...

Be prepared for a lot of work- it is a full A-level equivalent and not easier. It is great if you do better in coursework or gradual testing rather than a huge test at the end. But it is not 'easier' so make sure you work just as hard.

If there are any topics you don't understand at the time, SORT IT! My sister struggled with the maths and it is really coming back to bite her, especially as she no longer has proper access to teachers but is having to complete the BTEC. Understanding things at the beginning is so important.

Make sure you work/ revise for every test, because they all count. Don't push it back or procrastinate- you want to do the best you can for the full 2 years.

Have fun!! BTECs are often much more enjoyable than an A-Level course so relax into it and work as hard as you can.

Hope this helps and good luck :smile: xx

Thank you so much for the helpful tips xxx

Quick Reply

Latest