The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day 2020?

A-Level Results day is meant to be on August 13th but do you reckon students would be required to come into school to collect their results or do you think it'll all be online this time? If universities are preparing for online teaching in September and October, it wouldn't really make sense to have so many students attend school at the same time to collect their results.
Reply 1
I've been thinking the same thing... I go to boarding school so our results are emailed to us (at 6am, the poor head of exams) so maybe a similar system will happen at other schools? The only other thing I can think of is that they post them but this seems highly unlikely as so much could go wrong there! Otherwise, they might stagger people coming in, but that seems very, very unfair.

I guess we'll have to wait and see!
Reply 2
We'll probably go in to collect them as normal if coronavirus has calmed down, but either way I am dreading seeing my results bc they're completely out of my hands control. ):
Reply 3
Original post by klywi03
We'll probably go in to collect them as normal if coronavirus has calmed down, but either way I am dreading seeing my results bc they're completely out of my hands control. ):

Same!! I'm getting my GCSEs this year and my sister her A-Levels, and I hate this. 50% of our grades will be changed from teacher predictions apparently and I hate how we have no control anymore, and neither do our teachers really :frown: I hope you get the grades you need for your uni/ next stage of life!
Original post by izzy888
Same!! I'm getting my GCSEs this year and my sister her A-Levels, and I hate this. 50% of our grades will be changed from teacher predictions apparently and I hate how we have no control anymore, and neither do our teachers really :frown: I hope you get the grades you need for your uni/ next stage of life!

50%? Where have you heard this?
I think it should be a (pass/fail) system this year.

Should be something like this.

We have been provided with sufficient evidence that —-student—- would’ve have passed/failed their education whilst at school. Due to unprecedented Circumstances said pupil can take their full Alevel tests free of charge in the next set of examinations when available and safe to do so.

Or you know... they can just pay for a course at uni and if they can’t handle the heat they get dropped off the course. Let’s rebuild the economy!

Quick Reply

Latest