The Student Room Group

Student Finance as EU settler

So Ive been living in the Uk since 2020 exactly 3 years now, im not sure if im on pre-settled or settled but its 1 of the 2. Im thinking of applying to both EU universities in my home country or a country with the same language so Belgium or the Netherlands and UK universities aswell. 2 reasons for that, as a Eu citizen I only pay like 1k a year excluding living costs and its kind of a safe option aswell because Eu universities as ive read accept anything above or equal to CCC in A levels so aslong as I pass i can go to an EU uni.

I have 2 questions:
1. If I decide to go to a Eu uni during results day because of my results or any other factor, where do I apply for student finance? The UK or my Home country?

2. how will my settled status be affected if I move out for 3 years and come back to the Uk only during Holidays?

Small edit of info i forgot:
- Im just finishing year 12 in 2 weeks
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Spauw
So Ive been living in the Uk since 2020 exactly 3 years now, im not sure if im on pre-settled or settled but its 1 of the 2. Im thinking of applying to both EU universities in my home country or a country with the same language so Belgium or the Netherlands and UK universities aswell. 2 reasons for that, as a Eu citizen I only pay like 1k a year excluding living costs and its kind of a safe option aswell because Eu universities as ive read accept anything above or equal to CCC in A levels so aslong as I pass i can go to an EU uni.

I have 2 questions:
1. If I decide to go to a Eu uni during results day because of my results or any other factor, where do I apply for student finance? The UK or my Home country?

2. how will my settled status be affected if I move out for 3 years and come back to the Uk only during Holidays?

Small edit of info i forgot:
- Im just finishing year 12 in 2 weeks

Hi there,

We only fund universities in the UK. If you meet our eligibility found on our website then you can apply for finance with us.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending