The Student Room Group

Future of Huawei Phones

Huawei have made there own AppGallery, and whilst it isn’t as good as the Appstore or Playstore, I believe that in a couple of months it will be severely improved.

What I find interesting is how they are going to deal with no google. Any thoughts?
Original post by P0po
Huawei have made there own AppGallery, and whilst it isn’t as good as the Appstore or Playstore, I believe that in a couple of months it will be severely improved.

What I find interesting is how they are going to deal with no google. Any thoughts?

Why not just use their own search engine? Huawei is profitable as long as it has the Chinese market. They will also cross subsidise to make themselves much cheaper to give them price and features advantages.
there are some people in this world who can side load the Google play store into a new Huawei phone

and to go one step better, there are even a few people who can install Google play store into a new Huawei phone directly, with out side loading
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by P0po

Hey, come across your post and thought id comment as i know a bit about this through having a Huawei Mobile Service phone with no Google. There are some key points to remember. One is that even though they don't have google they still run android, so people don't need to get use to a new layout. so whilst you don't have access to Google play this doesn't mean you can't get your apps. Huawei have launched a new app called Petal Search, this allows you to easily access 90%+ of what you need. It draws from the major APK sites to make it easy to find and download the apps you want. Plus a lot of your apps will pull over during phone clone. They have recently been awarded a certificate for there data management system which is awsome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending