The Student Room Group

17 and gregnant EDIT: RESOLVED!!!

I'm 17 with a positive pregnancy test. I'm Asian, lower class, my parents do not know about my relationship with my boyfriend.
I called BPAS to try and get an appointment and consultation for the abortion pill. They said I need to have a trusted adult with me for the phone consultation because I'm under 18...I didn't know this beforehand; it wasn't stated on their website or anything...
The lady on the phone said I can't do the consultation if I don't have an adult with me. I don't have any friends who are 18 or over either. The only trusted adult I can think of is my counselor but I don't know if I can arrange for her to be on the phone whenever the consultation/appointment happens.
This sucks. Any advice?
Edit: yes, I am aware of the misspelling of pregnant in the title. Humour is how I cope.
Double edit; RESOLVED!! : The situation has been sorted. I'm so glad for all the nice comments and replies. Something I completely didn't mention is my oldest sibling; I was way too scared to bring the situation up to them so I didn't mention it in the original post either. But they said that they won't tell anybody else in my family, and that it would 100% be my choice if I ever did want to tell my parents in the future, no matter how far in the future it could be. They'll also be able to do the consultation with me! Once again, thank you to those who wrote nice replies and thanks to my boyfriend of 2 years who helped me out today!! I probably look like a bit of a knob now, since I made a post and had the situation resolved within a day haha ((::
(edited 12 months ago)
You're grognant?
Reply 2
I suggest telling your parents. It's safer. Whether you want to keep it or not, they're going to find out regardless. God forbid, if anything happens to you, it's best they know.
I think the counsellor will have to tell your parents anyway because you are under the age of 18.
Remember this is NOT the end of the world. I know it feels traumatic and scary but trust me, use the support around you.
Most importantly, Good luck. I wish you all the best. <3.
Original post by nbmadness
I'm 17 with a positive pregnancy test. I'm Asian, lower class, my parents do not know about my relationship with my boyfriend.
I called BPAS to try and get an appointment and consultation for the abortion pill. They said I need to have a trusted adult with me for the phone consultation because I'm under 18...I didn't know this beforehand; it wasn't stated on their website or anything...
The lady on the phone said I can't do the consultation if I don't have an adult with me. I don't have any friends who are 18 or over either. The only trusted adult I can think of is my counselor but I don't know if I can arrange for her to be on the phone whenever the consultation/appointment happens.
This sucks. Any advice?
Edit: yes, I am aware of the misspelling of pregnant in the title. Humour is how I cope.

Imagine she snitches to your parents :eek:
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Mohammed_80
Imagine she snitches to your parents :eek:

don't try and worry her! they're not allowed to do that.
(Original post by nbmadness)I'm 17 with a positive pregnancy test. I'm Asian, lower class, my parents do not know about my relationship with my boyfriend.
This sucks. Any advice?

This sucks. Any advice?

people here cannot sympathise with people damn anyways good luck because i don't really know what to say but i hope you get better soon
Original post by Anonymous
don't try and worry her! they're not allowed to do that.

How am I worrying her it’s a probability though a adult needs to know and be with her to get the pill.
Reply 7
Idk they are legally allowed to have sex so I don’t see why they’d have to report it.

I’ve no sympathy for you tbh. Why didn’t you go on the pill or make your ‘bf’ where a condom? What did you think was going to happen.

It's not the first time we've had sex; it was on a date leading up to/just after my previous period. We do normally use condoms, and I haven't started birth control yet because I find it difficult talking to people let alone asking to start birth control pills. Don't be so presumptuous.
Reply 8
Original post by mimibesticon
(Original post by nbmadness)I'm 17 with a positive pregnancy test. I'm Asian, lower class, my parents do not know about my relationship with my boyfriend.
This sucks. Any advice?

people here cannot sympathise with people damn anyways good luck because i don't really know what to say but i hope you get better soon

Thank you (:
Original post by Miss Paige
x

OP made a mistake in not using protection, and a human error in not knowing the consequences or the outcome as a result the least useful and helpful advice that can be given is to be hopeful for the best of outcome, and to not scare the OP more as well as hope she gets her pill.
(edited 12 months ago)
OP, have u tried a sexual health clinic, I'm sure there would be one in your area, they also have numbers of nurses you can text on their websites and you can discuss your options without the consent of an adult I am pretty sure. I wish you the best
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 11
Why would you even say something like this?? OP, have u tried a sexual health clinic, I'm sure there would be one in your area, they also have numbers of nurses you can text on their websites and you can discuss your options without the consent of an adult I am pretty sure. I wish you the best

I know right? Anyway, I haven't--but I'll definitely try to muster up some courage to visit clinics in the future, thank you! I should've mentioned this in the original post, but I don't want kids in the future either haha (my own personal choice. A bit ironic now but it is what it is). Thank you for the kind words! ((::
Original post by mimibesticon
i hope you get better soon

She's pregnant not poorly
I know right? Anyway, I haven't--but I'll definitely try to muster up some courage to visit clinics in the future, thank you! I should've mentioned this in the original post, but I don't want kids in the future either haha (my own personal choice. A bit ironic now but it is what it is). Thank you for the kind words! ((::

Even if you go on the NHS website you can find clinics in your area, I hope i helped a bit, and u are welcome :smile:
Original post by Mohammed_80
How am I worrying her it’s a probability though a adult needs to know and be with her to get the pill.

And what if she wants to keep it?
This sucks. Any advice?
Double edit; RESOLVED!! : The situation has been sorted. I'm so glad for all the nice comments and replies. Something I completely didn't mention is my oldest sibling; I was way too scared to bring the situation up to them so I didn't mention it in the original post either. But they said that they won't tell anybody else in my family, and that it would 100% be my choice if I ever did want to tell my parents in the future, no matter how far in the future it could be. They'll also be able to do the consultation with me! Once again, thank you to those who wrote nice replies and thanks to my boyfriend of 2 years who helped me out today!! I probably look like a bit of a knob now, since I made a post and had the situation resolved within a day haha ((::

Happy for you :smile: stay safe :wink:
This sucks. Any advice?

well at least you can no longer be gregnant
Reply 17
I'm calling troll here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending