The Student Room Group

AQA Textiles NEA 2020

Hi! I just received my NEA contextual challenges on Tuesday. Ive already started my mind map. But Im freaking out. I have chosen to do 'Multifunctional Living' and was wondering if anyone had any ideas about Client, Needs or even product ideas? thanks
First research what problems that could be associated with that topic. I suggest finding a client that's accessible to you and that solves both client and needs and even ideas tbh
@PetitePanda is right, the best projects have a real client that you can refer back to over the course of the year and get feedback from.
The best place to start is things that interest you as you will have to carry this theme for months so it helps to be at least slightly invested in it. This shouldnt be too hard as multipupose could literally encompass anything, once you have some general areas start listing problems in those areas e.g for horse riding it could be uncomfy saddles etc. Some things wont be in the remit of your design i.e something that solves cancer isn't really viable but plenty will be. Talk to other people and see what problems they have, if their passions line up with yours even better! With this corona situation a good place to start would be posting surveys in groups, facebook has lots for different interests.
As it's a multipupose thing you might want to look at combining two or more problems in the same area e.g a more comfy saddle that is more durable also for instance.

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
@PetitePanda is right, the best projects have a real client that you can refer back to over the course of the year and get feedback from.
The best place to start is things that interest you as you will have to carry this theme for months so it helps to be at least slightly invested in it. This shouldnt be too hard as multipupose could literally encompass anything, once you have some general areas start listing problems in those areas e.g for horse riding it could be uncomfy saddles etc. Some things wont be in the remit of your design i.e something that solves cancer isn't really viable but plenty will be. Talk to other people and see what problems they have, if their passions line up with yours even better! With this corona situation a good place to start would be posting surveys in groups, facebook has lots for different interests.
As it's a multipupose thing you might want to look at combining two or more problems in the same area e.g a more comfy saddle that is more durable also for instance.

Hope that helps :smile:

PRSOM
I have this aswell as teenage lifestyle and nature and the environment if you have any ideas for me I can maybe give u some ideas
Original post by Cheyenneeeee
I have this aswell as teenage lifestyle and nature and the environment if you have any ideas for me I can maybe give u some ideas

You need to try to come up with some ideas yourself :smile:
@CoolCavy I’ve already thought about a multifunctional living idea but my teacher is asking me to explain how it’s multifunctional my idea is making a multifunctional product that stores sanitizers and disinfectants to help with hygien and the product could be used at offices receptions and at schools, can I get advice on how to explain my multifunctional product and can I get advice on key words I should use.p?

Quick Reply

Latest