The Student Room Group

AQA Computer Science NEA and Computer science paper 1 question

Hey I'm about to start my NEA and my idea is to make an integration, differentiation and graphing calculator. I am just wondering if it is possible somebody can send me a link to their whole NEA write - up if they still have it. I am quite nervous as i have planned to write it in Python which i have zero experience in. I have planned to learn and write together ( is that a good idea?). I am just not entirely sure if the level of my explanation is good enough and what i have included will help me achieve top marks.

Also, what's the best way to revise for A-Level AQA computer science paper 1. I am not amazing at Computer science and i would really like an A ( worst case scenario a B). I am just quite stumped at how i can approach it and also what i can do to improve at it. I do the VB.NET paper and i am not quire good at VB. Any help?
Reply 1
You have mail
Reply 2
Thank you so much for the help and advice. Sure i won't send it. Thanks once again
Reply 3
Original post by Adrian_17
Hey I'm about to start my NEA and my idea is to make an integration, differentiation and graphing calculator. I am just wondering if it is possible somebody can send me a link to their whole NEA write - up if they still have it. I am quite nervous as i have planned to write it in Python which i have zero experience in. I have planned to learn and write together ( is that a good idea?). I am just not entirely sure if the level of my explanation is good enough and what i have included will help me achieve top marks.

Also, what's the best way to revise for A-Level AQA computer science paper 1. I am not amazing at Computer science and i would really like an A ( worst case scenario a B). I am just quite stumped at how i can approach it and also what i can do to improve at it. I do the VB.NET paper and i am not quire good at VB. Any help?

Hi, I designed a 3d plotting software for my nea and as a little side project for it I made a really small calculator algorithm which can do BIDMAS and stuff like that. I used the calculator to graph more complex shapes by using equations which could help model 3d objects. I also did this in python so if something like that would help you then I don't mind sharing how I did it
Reply 4
Original post by OClarkx64
Hi, I designed a 3d plotting software for my nea and as a little side project for it I made a really small calculator algorithm which can do BIDMAS and stuff like that. I used the calculator to graph more complex shapes by using equations which could help model 3d objects. I also did this in python so if something like that would help you then I don't mind sharing how I did it

Thanks that would really help. If you don't mind how much roughly did you get out of 75 in your nea. You don't have to say if you don't want to.

My biggest piece of advice is to download the relevant documentation from AQA (the specification and the NEA guide) and stick to the letter of anything they mention. I worked closely to the list of complex features on the specification and I got the top band for project complexity.
Reply 6

Could you send me the example as i am struggling to find any examples as i need guidance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending