The Student Room Group

Do you pay your own phone bill, what company, and how much?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Karisa96
Yes.
Vodafone £51, per month.

£51??? what on earth do you get for that ?
I was with Giffgaff before I went home, and just before I was leaving, with all the extra data they were piling on because of Coronavirus etc, it was coming to I think 80GB for £20

I originally only paid £20 for 20GB
Original post by rxyaltyx
£51??? what on earth do you get for that ?

I get unlimited calls, unlimited texts, 15GB data. I got the Samsung galaxy S10+ phone 📱. Xx
I get unlimited calls, unlimited texts, 15GB data. I got the Samsung galaxy S10+ phone 📱. Xx

wowww, very expensive! i only pay around £10, i don't need much data but i have unlimited mins and calls! i have the iPhone XR xx
Original post by rxyaltyx
wowww, very expensive! i only pay around £10, i don't need much data but i have unlimited mins and calls! i have the iPhone XR xx

Not a problem Hun, as my company pay the bill!!!! Xx
Yes.
Vodafone £51, per month.

Vodafone £52 per month, 60GB Data, Unlimited Minutes and Texts - IPhone XR

Too bad I have to pay this myself :ahee:
Original post by Black Cat

Thats a very expensive phone contract right there Black Cat.I am paying slightly less than you but i don't have a brand new and state of the art Iphone like you have.
Mine only costs me 14.89 a month and for that i also get unlimited texts and minutes and only 2gb data but that's all i need. You are obviously paying more for the data as well as paying for your phone as well
I always buy any mobile phone i want outright so in that way its mine and all i pay for is the airtime and thats it.

These days i would never commit myself to a 2 year phone contract or even a longer one because in just over a 6-8 months the said phone is outdated and you are tied into a contract for a set period of time that you have signed up for.
o2 £20 unlimited data, texts and mins
Reply 28
IPhone XR contract with O2. £37 a month with unlimited calls, texts and 25gb of data.
Reply 29
I use WiFi calling and what’s app to text or call people and no mobile data 😂
£25 per month for 40GB on Vodafone, they offered the best combination of data allowance and roaming coverage when I last renewed my plan. Jammed into a sim free Huawei Mate 20 X.
Original post by Black Cat

I know Hun, im so lucky!!!! Xx
Original post by wizardtop
Thats a very expensive phone contract right there Black Cat.I am paying slightly less than you but i don't have a brand new and state of the art Iphone like you have.
Mine only costs me 14.89 a month and for that i also get unlimited texts and minutes and only 2gb data but that's all i need. You are obviously paying more for the data as well as paying for your phone as well
I always buy any mobile phone i want outright so in that way its mine and all i pay for is the airtime and thats it.

These days i would never commit myself to a 2 year phone contract or even a longer one because in just over a 6-8 months the said phone is outdated and you are tied into a contract for a set period of time that you have signed up for.

I agree it's such an expensive contract I signed up when the IPhone XR came out which is why the contract was so expensive. I have about a year left on my contract hoping to switch to sim only.

Funny thing is that I don't even use 10gb data a month so there's a lot data being wasted there.
£18.95 with unlimited data, unlimited texts and 200 mins on 3
Original post by londonmyst
Yes.
I live alone, have avoided all my ancestors like the plague for years.
£1 a week on ee.

Wow £1 per week that's a really good price what phone do you have? Is it pay as you go or a contract?
Original post by DrawTheLine
Yes, Virgin, £8 a month.

Is that contract or pay as you go? What phone is it? It is a very good price.
Original post by Deggs_14
I use WiFi calling and what’s app to text or call people and no mobile data 😂

When I was on pay as you go I would do exactly the same I would only pay to get texts and phone calls if I really needed to make a phone call that I can't use WhatsApp for or if I needed data to use google maps sometimes I would just take pictures of a map before leaving the house and try to fallow that. Not always easy though.
Original post by Anonymous1502
Is that contract or pay as you go? What phone is it? It is a very good price.

Sim only contract, has everything I want and a bit extra. Samsung Galaxy S8 :smile:
Original post by Anonymous1502
Wow £1 per week that's a really good price what phone do you have? Is it pay as you go or a contract?

PAYG on ee.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Sim only contract, has everything I want and a bit extra. Samsung Galaxy S8 :smile:

Yes i also find the Slim only contract DrawTheLine also offers me everything i want and a bit extra as well.

It also allows me to buy any mobile phone i want outright without paying out more money a month for both airtime and phone costs.

In so doing so my mobile phone bill is less than 15 pound a month compare that to a mobile phone bill of 40 a month for the mobile phone/airtime you paying for on a 24 month contract

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending