The Student Room Group

Phone checks

Are my parents allowed to check my phone at 18? I’m turning 18 in Feb but my parents pay my phone bill.
And I don’t have a job since I’m currently concentrating on my studies and getting work experience which I’m not getting paid for. This is why I can’t pay my own bill.
Reply 1
What's the problem if they do check it?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
What's the problem if they do check it?

Privacy.
They wouldn’t like it if I checked there phones.
Not then I’m hiding anything but yeah.
If they pay for it then they technically own it so yeah they can look through it. I don’t think it’s right but there’s nothing saying they can’t.
Reply 4
Original post by Teribblestudent
If they pay for it then they technically own it so yeah they can look through it. I don’t think it’s right but there’s nothing saying they can’t.

Even if I was to say I was an adult so they couldn’t look through it? When I’m 18? Does being 18 have effect?
Original post by Syed998
Even if I was to say I was an adult so they couldn’t look through it? When I’m 18? Does being 18 have effect?

Not really because it’s their phone and their bill.
Original post by Syed998

I think it would if you paid for it, but in this circumstance I think they’re allowed to do whatever they want with your phone, sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending