The Student Room Group

How to dye your hair ash brown from naturally black (asian) hair?

I’ve never dyed my hair....i have virgin black hair and really want to go to a medium ash brown. I’m fine with bleaching and lightening my hair to do this. But how would I go about doing this???

Do i need to bleach my hair using a permanent blonde box dye first and then use a medium ash brown colour box dye?
Or can I use a 30v developer with a silver toner???
Also do I need to add a 20/30 vol developer to the blonde box dye or is that already part of it?
Or can I just add the 20/30 vol developer to the medium ash brown dye and use that mixture instead of bleach?
Like I have no idea where the developer comes in and what to do with it or add it to. I’m completely clueless clearly!!! Please can someone give me step by step instructions because I have no idea 😭

Sorry for so many questions but I’d be grateful for any help!
If you're not sure why don't you watch some videos of other people dying their hair that colour from black? It could be helpful
No do not bleach your hair blonde. I would try the medium ash brown. Hair dye usually comes with the colour, shampoo and conditioner, instructions inside the box. You'll be fine.

Latest