The Student Room Group

advice from girls pls

I recently turned fifteen (end of year 10) and yesterday I found my first grey hair. Ngl I was quite shocked and I don’t really now what to do about it.
what age do u get your first grey hair and what should I do - i haven’t even told my mum yet bc I don’t really know what to say
I would be grateful for any advice tyyy
Reply 1
Some people get grey hairs earlier than others. There’s not much you can do besides dye it if it bothers you. Don’t worry it’s more common than you think! It’s also going to be much more noticeable to yourself than others.

My partner has had grey hairs speckled throughout his dark brown hair since he was a teenager too. We joke that it’s from stress but really it’s just genetic. It doesn’t look bad
Reply 2
Original post by hazoolcat
Some people get grey hairs earlier than others. There’s not much you can do besides dye it if it bothers you. Don’t worry it’s more common than you think! It’s also going to be much more noticeable to yourself than others.

My partner has had grey hairs speckled throughout his dark brown hair since he was a teenager too. We joke that it’s from stress but really it’s just genetic. It doesn’t look bad

ty for your reply it made me feel a lot less self son joya abiut itxx
any advice for how to bring this up to my mum as i’m not ute if she knows yet
Reply 3
It's completely normal - I have a few, my friends have a few, it's largely genetic and, unless you point it out, people aren't likely to notice and if they do notice they aren't likely to care
Original post by Anonymous
I recently turned fifteen (end of year 10) and yesterday I found my first grey hair. Ngl I was quite shocked and I don’t really now what to do about it.
what age do u get your first grey hair and what should I do - i haven’t even told my mum yet bc I don’t really know what to say

I think I was about 21 when I got my first grey hairs. I've got a lot more now but I just dye them. If it's just one grey hair, for now, you can just pluck it out. You're just more likely to need to dye your hair to cover them in some years.
Reply 5

I know you wanted advice from girls but I just wanted to say I first noticed mine in year 10 after a friend pointed it out. I think mine was more due to stress and vitamin deficiencies but it could be down to lots of things, mainly genetics.

If it helps I had a teacher who had long streaks of grey hair in her early twenties (that was genetic) so it is normal!
Reply 6
babe, believe me this is so normal. Rip it out, and chances are you probably won't get another one and if you do it's so normal, i remember people in yr 11 had like loads of strands of grey hairs, it's genetic for 99% of people. It's not that deep my love. Don't stress it
Reply 7
ty for your reply it made me feel a lot less self son joya abiut itxx
any advice for how to bring this up to my mum as i’m not ute if she knows yet

If you want permission to dye your hair then explaining that you’ve found some greys and are feeling self conscious about it will help. Although if you don’t want to dye it then you don’t have to bring it up if you don’t want to. I’m sure your mum will be understanding, just let her know how you’re feeling xx

Quick Reply

Latest