The Student Room Group
Did Latin GCSE last year (92% :biggrin:) and did one AS module in June (translation)

The translation at AS is just the same as GCSE if not easier, I've been working at A2 level for a long time now. The literature, on the other hand, is nigh impossible; I'm doing Aenied XII and the amount we have to learn is atrocious!

Didn't do Classical Greek I'm afraid...
Reply 2
I did both....
loved both, and did them for A2, and will be at uni too...

But if I had to have chosen after GCSE, I'd have done greek too, the set texts were far better, a lot more inspiring.

I'll agree with Ignoramus (odd as that sounds) that AS isn't too much of a jump; neither in language or literature terms. Just the style of questions changes...

After AS and A2, I'm not sure which I'd pick the AS texts I did were better for Greek but for A2 it was Latin. I found them about the same difficulty in terms of language work (a substantial jump at A2), but it just so happened that I'd learnt my Latin grammar better lower down the school...
Good luck and if you need any help feel free to PM me! :biggrin:
Reply 3
come join the classics soc...we'll all be glad to help!! It is seriously worth the effort; they were my most rewarding A levels; I loved them...still do! :biggrin:
Reply 4
well better late than never... we'll still have you!
Q.E.D
come join the classics soc...we'll all be glad to help!! It is seriously worth the effort; they were my most rewarding A levels; I loved them...still do! :biggrin:

Ooh, can I join too? Only did Latin, but... meh, I enjoyed it. :biggrin:
It was my most interesting subject!
Reply 6
^yes please... the more the merrier!!
Reply 7
ooh can i come?

just latin, no knowledge of greek :frown:

please let me in!
Reply 8
*high 5*
:biggrin:

ooh and i've sent a request to join classics society :woo: :smile: