The Student Room Group

China accuses India of deliberate provocation in Galwan Valley.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-53118473

China has accused India of "Deliberate Provocation" in its first official comments since the border clash on Monday, with a foriegn ministary spokesman claiming Indian troops crossed the border onto the Chinese side. No details were given on any Chinese casualties, 20 Indian troops lost their lives with India claiming there were casualties on both sides.

The Chinese side of events say the valley is on the Chinese side of the border and India attacked them corssing the Line of Actual Control.

The Indian side claims that China attempted to erect a structure on the Indian Side of the LAC, and that nobody had intruded into their side of the border.

The fighting took place without firearms due to a 1996 agreement with rather crude weapons and fists being used
One side is lying. I was reading about how the dispute is based on a river border, but the Chinese have diverted the river.
At the moment China is the world superpower or at least right up there and the USA is preoccupied with Trump and CV19.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
One side is lying. I was reading about how the dispute is based on a river border, but the Chinese have diverted the river.
At the moment China is the world superpower or at least right up there and the USA is preoccupied with Trump and CV19.

Part of the problem is using a river as a border in the first place. It's most evident in Bangladesh, where, because the river channels move so much, land owners frequently gain and lose land to their neighbours all the time which often causes disputes.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger

There was a good artcle in The Economist noting they've both been up to tricks. The chinese playing with the line of control (no one is overly sure where the official boarder runs) and the Indians have been building up their side to stick it to the chinese.

However, going at it with nail studded iron rebar. Disgraceful behaviour for a superpower and an up and coming one.
Original post by Napp
There was a good artcle in The Economist noting they've both been up to tricks. The chinese playing with the line of control (no one is overly sure where the official boarder runs) and the Indians have been building up their side to stick it to the chinese.

However, going at it with nail studded iron rebar. Disgraceful behaviour for a superpower and an up and coming one.

I believe they convince themselves they are right. Must have been a terrifying fight. I would have thought one side or the other would have equipped themselves with weapons (non bullet kind), China has form though with building the islands to increase its maritime boundaries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending