The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bigreshe
you'll be fine. I don't see it being that high

k so it seems last year the first batch cut off was around 3100 as well as someone with 3050 didn't hear back in the first batch.
k so it seems last year the first batch cut off was around 3100 as well as someone with 3050 didn't hear back in the first batch.

Oh calm that makes sense :smile:)
Then the next batch seemed to be cut off at 2940ish and it was sent 5 days after the first batch.
Another batch sent over the weekend? two days after and the cut off seemed to be 2880. Then a few days later 2870. Then another few days later 2840+. These last two came around this time last year. God this is so complicated to follow. Then it went down again another few days later.

So in short: do I know the UCAT cut off for this year? No but every1 keep checking your emails from now on cos they cld drop it on you at anytime. I'm certain we can figure out the ucat cut-off based off of the next batch/the batch after.
Then the next batch seemed to be cut off at 2940ish and it was sent 5 days after the first batch.
Another batch sent over the weekend? two days after and the cut off seemed to be 2880. Then a few days later 2870. Then another few days later 2840+. These last two came around this time last year. God this is so complicated to follow. Then it went down again another few days later.

So in short: do I know the UCAT cut off for this year? No but every1 keep checking your emails from now on cos they cld drop it on you at anytime. I'm certain we can figure out the ucat cut-off based off of the next batch/the batch after.

Ngl it’s probably just worth waiting for Bristol to publish the cut offs, as you rightly said it is complicated to follow so it’s just gonna be more stress for those still waiting to try and work out cut offs and all. If people get it they get it, if not then that’s just the reality of med applications 🤷*♂️ (I don’t want it to sound harsh or rude or anything but I’m sure you have way more important things to spend ur time on than working out ucat cut offs 😂)
Original post by rahulkota1
Ngl it’s probably just worth waiting for Bristol to publish the cut offs, as you rightly said it is complicated to follow so it’s just gonna be more stress for those still waiting to try and work out cut offs and all. If people get it they get it, if not then that’s just the reality of med applications 🤷*♂️ (I don’t want it to sound harsh or rude or anything but I’m sure you have way more important things to spend ur time on than working out ucat cut offs 😂)

lmao so tru. Tbh i'm not too fussed anymore. I'm that guy who stresses for a good few hours then completely forgets about it. I just got really really bored cos of isolation so I just whacked it open and had a read through lol.
Original post by bigreshe
lmao so tru. Tbh i'm not too fussed anymore. I'm that guy who stresses for a good few hours then completely forgets about it. I just got really really bored cos of isolation so i just whacked it open and had a read through lol.

me loool
Original post by Uzair63
Contextual students are always assessed the same, they get a lower offer and some unis may give additional points to contextual applicants

Do you know if the ucat boundaries are lower for contextual...?
2690 was the cut off last year but What was the highest UCAT score last year for interview , any idea ?
Original post by SSharma2003
2690 was the cut off last year but What was the highest UCAT score last year for interview , any idea ?

wldnt be able to say
anyone with an interview, are you the year with CAGs so already have your grades, or are you only applying with predicteds (current y13)
Original post by taaaash
anyone with an interview, are you the year with CAGs so already have your grades, or are you only applying with predicteds (current y13)

I'm both lmao,
I have BBB from last year which I'm resitting for at college. Im contextual tho so they only want an A in chemistry on top of my current grades.
Regardless only UCAT is important
Reply 531
Original post by taaaash

Applying with predicteds but I'm also a non-eu international.
Original post by taaaash

Predictive but international.

Also they call for interview purely on The basis of UCAT score (like UCAT weightage is 100%). So that means achieved/predicted/CAGs have no impact on invites.
Original post by taaaash

I'm applying as a graduate with AAB achieved A Levels back in 2017.
I've got a predicted 1st in Biomedical Science w/ Placement.
But as mentioned above, none of that matters, Bristol only interview on UCAT.
I've applied to Bristol as hopefully my safe option :smile:
Original post by emmab13
I'm applying as a graduate with AAB achieved A Levels back in 2017.
I've got a predicted 1st in Biomedical Science w/ Placement.
But as mentioned above, none of that matters, Bristol only interview on UCAT.
I've applied to Bristol as hopefully my safe option :smile:

Where else have you applied if Bristol is your safe option?
Original post by pwk123
Where else have you applied if Bristol is your safe option?

GEM courses at Birmingham, Southampton and Warwick.
GEM is generally more competitive than Undergrad, that's why I said Bristol's hopefully a safer option
Original post by Abz231
nope not yet. I got 705 Band 1

same i got 708 band 1...didnt think i would be stressing ...what do people think the cut off will be then?
Original post by rheaishere
same i got 708 band 1...didnt think i would be stressing ...what do people think the cut off will be then?

Wait 708 can't add up --.> that's 2832, which I don't think is a score in the UCAT. If you meant 780 then I am 100% sure you'll be fine!!
Original post by emmab13
GEM courses at Birmingham, Southampton and Warwick.
GEM is generally more competitive than Undergrad, that's why I said Bristol's hopefully a safer option

Where are you doing undergrad?
Original post by pwk123
Where are you doing undergrad?

I'm currently at Lancaster - I'd stay for Med, it is a lovely city, but I didn't fancy the BMAT

Latest

Trending

Trending