The Student Room Group

Official: University of Sheffield A100 2024 entry

Welcome to the University of Sheffield A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

Sheffield A100 2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7252475

For general information click: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine...ve_ug/applying

For entry requirements click: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine...g/entryrequire

UCAT cutoff last year: (home, school leaver) 2850

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got 3000 band 2 in my UCAT and have 2A*'s in bio and maths and an A in chem. I got 998877777 in my GCSEs. Do I have a good chance for interview?
Original post by Friedbilol
I got 3000 band 2 in my UCAT and have 2A*'s in bio and maths and an A in chem. I got 998877777 in my GCSEs. Do I have a good chance for interview?

yes, but bear in mind they score sjt post interview
Original post by Friedbilol

you do, well done! cut off was 2850
Reply 4
is it too risky applying with 2830 b2?
Reply 5
Does anyone know if the Access to Sheffield cutoff is lower?
is 2910 band 1 a bit risky for this year?
Original post by Student877
is 2910 band 1 a bit risky for this year?

i don't think so, as people may be put off applying as it's now a higher ucat uni
What do you think the cutoff for ucat will be like this year? Would it go up from 2850?
Reply 9
It's really hard to judge as it is wholly dependant on who applies, and how many people Sheffield decide to interview.

There has been some talk elsewhere of cut offs going down at other unis, but these are normally those that score GCSEs. Sheffield is a straight UCAT one so that logic doesn't apply here.

It's guesswork. But so is it all.
My personal view is that it will go up, because it rarely seems to go down, but no idea how much by. I would probably want to have min 30 on last year and keep my fingers crossed but it's really just a comfort thing.
Original post by GGIN
It's really hard to judge as it is wholly dependant on who applies, and how many people Sheffield decide to interview.

There has been some talk elsewhere of cut offs going down at other unis, but these are normally those that score GCSEs. Sheffield is a straight UCAT one so that logic doesn't apply here.

It's guesswork. But so is it all.
My personal view is that it will go up, because it rarely seems to go down, but no idea how much by. I would probably want to have min 30 on last year and keep my fingers crossed but it's really just a comfort thing.

Is it likely to go above 2900?
Reply 11
Hi,
Would a UCAT of 2860 B2 be too risky for Sheffield?
Reply 12
Original post by a.aleesha
Hi,
Would a UCAT of 2860 B2 be too risky for Sheffield?

Cut off was 2850 last year, but lower the years prior to this
Reply 13
Original post by GANFYD
Cut off was 2850 last year, but lower the years prior to this

Ok, so do you think it's a bad idea applying as the cutoff is likely to rise again? I've pretty much ruled it out but was just doing a last ditch check to see if maybe I have a chance ahah
Reply 14
Ok, so do you think it's a bad idea applying as the cutoff is likely to rise again? I've pretty much ruled it out but was just doing a last ditch check to see if maybe I have a chance ahah

Depends how much you like Sheffiled and how much risk you are prepared to take? You almost certainly have lots of safer options
Reply 15
Original post by GANFYD
Depends how much you like Sheffiled and how much risk you are prepared to take? You almost certainly have lots of safer options

Yeah its tricky ahah right now my 3 that I'm set on applying to are Manchester Newcastle and Leicester. Currently Leeds is my 'risky' option but idk if its too much of a risk knowing nothing about the course. I heard they used to be GCSE heavy which may help me as I have 9 9s and 1 8? Still unsure tho so was just seeing if there's any more calculated risks I could take
Reply 16
Yeah its tricky ahah right now my 3 that I'm set on applying to are Manchester Newcastle and Leicester. Currently Leeds is my 'risky' option but idk if its too much of a risk knowing nothing about the course. I heard they used to be GCSE heavy which may help me as I have 9 9s and 1 8? Still unsure tho so was just seeing if there's any more calculated risks I could take

Newcastle may also be risky as the cut off was above their reported 2820 during the interview cycle and was dropped by a few lat interviews, it seemed.
Leeds is likely to be safer thatn either, if they are scoring in the same way they have historically.

Liverpool, Edge Hill, Aston (I assume you are predicted A*AA as mention Leicester), UEA, QUB, SGUL, Plymouth, Southampton, ARU, Birmingham (if any contextual points), Nottingham, Lincoln and HYMS if a B1 SJT are all likely to be ok
Reply 17
Original post by GANFYD
Newcastle may also be risky as the cut off was above their reported 2820 during the interview cycle and was dropped by a few lat interviews, it seemed.
Leeds is likely to be safer thatn either, if they are scoring in the same way they have historically.

Liverpool, Edge Hill, Aston (I assume you are predicted A*AA as mention Leicester), UEA, QUB, SGUL, Plymouth, Southampton, ARU, Birmingham (if any contextual points), Nottingham, Lincoln and HYMS if a B1 SJT are all likely to be ok

I qualify for Newcastle PARTNERS so am I correct in saying I'll get a lower UCAT cutoff? Otherwise yes I agree their standard cutoff is risky for me. No band 1, I've got Band 2 :frown: and no contextual for Bham so I'm likely too low for them as I'll only score 8.056 I think. Currently thinking of sticking to Manchester Newcastle Leeds and Leicester. I score 59.5 for Leicester, I know this was last years cutoff so is this too risky? I've heard something abt their cutoff coming down due to the separation of 8s and 9s when scoring from this year? Thank you so much!
Reply 18
I qualify for Newcastle PARTNERS so am I correct in saying I'll get a lower UCAT cutoff? Otherwise yes I agree their standard cutoff is risky for me. No band 1, I've got Band 2 :frown: and no contextual for Bham so I'm likely too low for them as I'll only score 8.056 I think. Currently thinking of sticking to Manchester Newcastle Leeds and Leicester. I score 59.5 for Leicester, I know this was last years cutoff so is this too risky? I've heard something abt their cutoff coming down due to the separation of 8s and 9s when scoring from this year? Thank you so much!

Yes, partners usually has a lower cut off.
59.5 will be OK for Leicester this year, I think
Does sheffuse ucat post interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending