The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NicoleDV
This is what confuses me it says they accept all UCAT scores so I don’t know 😫 There must be some sort of threshold maybe? Or maybe they have their own internal points system. I’m honestly not sure how they make their decisions

If you go to last years thread there was someone with a ucat score of 2390 who got accepted so my guess is that there is no minimum ucat score, so a PLUS FLAG applicant will definitely get an interview provided that they meet the minimum alevel requirements.
Original post by Zoolato24811
If you go to last years thread there was someone with a ucat score of 2390 who got accepted so my guess is that there is no minimum ucat score, so a PLUS FLAG applicant will definitely get an interview provided that they meet the minimum alevel requirements.

Yeah true! Fingers crossed 🤞🏼
Original post by Zoolato24811
Same here, does that mean we will be given extra consideration??

I think Edinburgh Uni adds extra10% score in UCAT for +flag pupils. ( No change on SJT)
Original post by Derk121
I think Edinburgh Uni adds extra10% score in UCAT for +flag pupils. ( No change on SJT)

I'm not sure about this? St. Andrews definitely does but no mention of increased UCAT on Edinburgh's website?
Original post by catn00b
I'm not sure about this? St. Andrews definitely does but no mention of increased UCAT on Edinburgh's website?

Somebody known has confirmed this from Widening Access team of Edinburgh Uni , before applying i.e 10Oct 2020, thats was told to me .
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Derk121
Somebody known has confirmed this from Widening Access team of Edinburgh Uni , before applying i.e 10Oct 2020, thats was told to me .

Thanks for sharing this info ☺️
Original post by NicoleDV
Thanks for sharing this info ☺️

Cheers
Original post by Derk121

if you qualify for either flag or plus i don’t think you have to do anything further, they can see this from the information on your UCAS and will see it without an email
Sorry if this has already been asked, but when do we think interviews will b sent out ?
Original post by yas_tills
Sorry if this has already been asked, but when do we think interviews will b sent out ?

i have no clue! hopefully in the next two weeks? just about to check last years thread to see when they were sent last year
Original post by lopoli
i have no clue! hopefully in the next two weeks? just about to check last years thread to see when they were sent last year

They started sending out invites on 15.11 last year - so hoping it’s next week!
Does anyone know whether the number of RUK places changed this year? Also, does anyone think there will be an increase or decrease in RUK applicants?
Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that the assessment days will be running in January 2021 over a 2 week period, of which the exact dates will be released soon. We will aim to give successful applicants at least two weeks’ notice in preparation.

We also aim to information all applicants of the outcome of their application (both successful and unsuccessful) by the UCAS deadline of the 31st March 2021.

We hope this information is useful, but if you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

I know it doesn’t tell us a lot but said I’d update with a response. My exact question was if they could give an idea when applicants would find out if they were successful in gaining an interview or even a rejection.
I emailed them about concessions for plus flag applicants as someone said something about 10% increase to UCAT score (which doesn't appear to be the case)

If you are eligible for PLUS FLAG consideration (and are predicted to meet our Minimum entry requirements) you will be given the following:

· Additional consideration in your academics; UCAT and Assessment Day scores (reviewed on a case-by-case basis)

· Guaranteed a place on an Assessment Day (interview)
Original post by catn00b
I emailed them about concessions for plus flag applicants as someone said something about 10% increase to UCAT score (which doesn't appear to be the case)

If you are eligible for PLUS FLAG consideration (and are predicted to meet our Minimum entry requirements) you will be given the following:

· Additional consideration in your academics; UCAT and Assessment Day scores (reviewed on a case-by-case basis)

Thank you this is really helpful!
Original post by catn00b

10% was something I’ve seen on Glasgow’s website so maybe the person who said it mistook the two? Either way, I supposedly have a “flag” (but not “flag plus”) so wonder what that means - guess maybe the first bullet only 🤷🏼*♀️ If the assessment days are in January, we might not hear until December
Original post by lastlullabyy
10% was something I’ve seen on Glasgow’s website so maybe the person who said it mistook the two? Either way, I supposedly have a “flag” (but not “flag plus”) so wonder what that means - guess maybe the first bullet only 🤷🏼*♀️ If the assessment days are in January, we might not hear until December

yeah def the same for st andrews too. I would have thought so but def get in touch with med admissions if you'd want to confirm (they're p quick on replies)
hey , i was wondering what stats any scottish students that have received offers have got ? i'm stressing 🥴 i have 8As nat5 , 5As Higher , and in sixth year i got ABB advH and another A in higher psychology. my ucat was avg 700 , does anyone think this is enough ?
Original post by beththorburn
hey , i was wondering what stats any scottish students that have received offers have got ? i'm stressing 🥴 i have 8As nat5 , 5As Higher , and in sixth year i got ABB advH and another A in higher psychology. my ucat was avg 700 , does anyone think this is enough ?

This is definitely enough!!! Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll be fine.
This wait is torture!!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending