The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hi i was wondering if you can read the presentation off the paper or do u need to memorise it.
has anyone been rejected yet?
what's been the lowest score so far for someone with predicted grades?
Original post by Coolboy13
Yes you should receive an email about the details of the interview closer to the interview date. I got mine this Monday that's why I have the email already.

When is your interview? Mine is the 6th of Jan and I'm a bit worried as I haven't received any info.
Original post by itadori
what's been the lowest score so far for someone with predicted grades?

I'm not sure but I got 58 with predicted grades and I received an invite to interview
Original post by huiyanny
Hi guys, does Leicester use your personal statement in interviews? As well as this, for anyone who managed to join the trial sessions(i missed out :frown:) to test out the Blackboard website - how was it?

They don't look at your PS in interviews but may use it for tiebreaker situations on making offers.
The trial session was good, got to get a feel for the system as well as talking to current students and other candidates. You also get a chance to test your audio and video + Q&A at the end.
Can you not join another trial session before your interview, there are lots of dates.
how do people know that they will be asking about the king’s fund? was it on an email that was sent?
Do you get cut off in the 2 minute presentation when it reaches the 2 min point?
Hi, like alot of people on this thread I've got my interview in Jan and havent gotten any information after that. I've seen posts about the "verbal section" and the kings fund and something about them giving us feedback during the actual cercuit/telling us how we scored? (That in particular seemed odd to me so maybe I've misunderstood). Can someone please briefly explain what the email(s) have said more or less
Original post by mimi4365
Do you get cut off in the 2 minute presentation when it reaches the 2 min point?

Yes, i would also like to know this as mine is at 3-4 mins
Original post by jodger12456789
how do people know that they will be asking about the king’s fund? was it on an email that was sent?

surely they can't be asking about the kings fund. I never got any info about it.
Hi this might be a dumb question, but Im a bit confused about the consent form. do they just want photos of the certificates right? and if you have multiple subjects on the same certificate (as they;re the same exam board), what do you save the image as?
Original post by cupcake2012
Hi this might be a dumb question, but Im a bit confused about the consent form. do they just want photos of the certificates right? and if you have multiple subjects on the same certificate (as they;re the same exam board), what do you save the image as?

the want you to attach a pdf file of each certificate. you save the pdf files as SURNAME initial of first name(s) - qualification - subject 1 subject 2 ect.
e.g SMITH B - GCSE - biology chemistry history
Original post by nigachoro
the want you to attach a pdf file of each certificate. you save the pdf files as SURNAME initial of first name(s) - qualification - subject 1 subject 2 ect.
e.g SMITH B - GCSE - biology chemistry history

Thank you so much!!! by pdf file, how do I do that? as they're paper certificates so do I take a photo and save it as a pdf, or scan them? sorry ik this probably is such a dumb question
Thank you so much!!! by pdf file, how do I do that? as they're paper certificates so do I take a photo and save it as a pdf, or scan them? sorry ik this probably is such a dumb question

nooo it's not a dumb question :h: if you can take a photo and save it as a pdf then that works but you could also scan it if the quality is better. that's what i did :smile:

also try to read through the instructions on the email as they deduct points in interview if you don't follow them !
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by nigachoro
nooo it's not a dumb question :h: if you can take a photo and save it as a pdf then that works but you could also scan it if the quality is better. that's what i did :smile:

also try to read through the instructions on the email as they deduct points in interview if you don't follow them !

okay that makes sense thank you SO much!!!:h:
okay that makes sense thank you SO much!!!:h:

no worries ! :h:
Original post by mimi4365

Yes, I got cut off as they send out a message when 2 mins is over
Original post by Summerset1276
hi i was wondering if you can read the presentation off the paper or do u need to memorise it.

Hey, I spoke to the university admissions before my interview and they said you can have notes and stuff, and you don’t have to show the interviewer what notes you have but, I don’t think you should just read the whole thing off x
After sending consent form and certificates are we supposed to get a confirmation email saying that they’ve received them?

Latest

Trending

Trending