The Student Room Group

What is the closest to death you have been?

I would say being knocked out in a football match , not too close.

Scroll to see replies

braindead on a rollercoaster
Almost got stabbed when I was drunk this one time
Luckily I haven't been close to death (that I'm aware of). I've been unwell/injured and in hospital a couple of times but nothing "life or death". Hopefully I can keep it that way for a while longer.
Heart stopped whilst rushing down the road (congenital defect). Had a couple of seconds to give it a thump; that initial pulse was like a tidal wave.
My belt came off on a roller coaster ride
Was close to being run over by a bus
Nearly drowned when I was little
Nearly got bitten by a poisonous snake
In my area there was a huge gas explosion, it wiped out a lot of houses. There was a bus stop outside the place that blew up that me and my parent were stood outside of a few hours before :redface:
I've almost drowned. I've had the back of my head split open when I fell down backwards as a kid. I've been in a fight with a guy that had a knife but the closest I've come to death is every time I visit this site.
when i had severe pneumonia and i was in the hospital for 10 days
Reply 9
almost got run over by a (really fast) motorbike that came from behind a large van
I stopped breathing for a few minutes as a baby
Had a few asthma attacks
Nearly drowned
Original post by StephenBC
I would say being knocked out in a football match , not too close.

About to cross a busy road with a lorry coming at me. Mate pulled me back otherwise I would've been hit.
As far as I'm aware, I have never been close to death.
Car door open in a motorway when I was a baby
Original post by SuperiorPotato

so u are telling me that u nearly died 4 times
Original post by kadiatuj0001
so u are telling me that u nearly died 4 times

More than that but I cba to remember or list them :biggrin:
When I was about 12, I though I would now the lawn with a lawn trimmer, the hand held ones with the plastic cutting line. I plugged it into the socket but was stupidly holding the trigger to make it spin (didn't realise I had hold of the trigger) and if cut the back if my left leg behind the knee cutting alot of major things and the blood went everywhere.
I once ran across a motorway and almost got run over by a car just to suck some d*ck.
Original post by SuperiorPotato

Ive been bit on the back of the leg by a rattle snake before when I was fishing in summer with my dad as a youngster.
Original post by Guru Jason
Ive been bit on the back of the leg by a rattle snake before when I was fishing in summer with my dad as a youngster.

Oh man :afraid: where did this happen?

Quick Reply

Latest