The Student Room Group
People do AS levels in my school with 0 A*-C grades. It's up to the school who they decide to let take A-levels.
Reply 2
You can get 5 A*-C grades without passing English or Maths.
I know quite a few people who retook their Maths GCSE in Year 12 :smile:
Reply 3
Well, quite apart from anything else, plenty of colleges'll have you if you don't get 5 Cs round our way, and in some Sixth Forms there're schemes whereby you can do a year of a business BTec or something and then do your A-Levels, again even without five cees. Otherwise, they'll just be people who got five cees in other subjects, but need to get Maths or English up to a C to meet some entry requirement or other.

Welcome to TSR, by the way, OP.
Reply 4
Those 5 A-C grades probably don't have to be in Maths or English to enter into the A Level course. However as those are the only two useful GCSEs to have in terms of employment, it is worth resitting if they are failed.
Reply 5
if you have 4 a-cs in a college where grades are really let's say low....can you still get a chance ?

cos i don't want to do BTEC,i don't even know what i want my future career to be..whereas, there are more options when doing A-levels
Reply 6
Checkmate121
if you have 4 a-cs in a college where grades are really let's say low....can you still get a chance ?

No idea: worth asking though. In some areas of the country, where there are no school sixth forms (Richmond, I think is an example?) it's going to be harder to get in for an A-Level course. Where I am, the colleges'll have you with less than five Cs for A-Levels, although obviously there are caveats. Like I say, worth ringing up and asking.
Reply 7
Mr Dactyl
No idea: worth asking though. In some areas of the country, where there are no school sixth forms (Richmond, I think is an example?) it's going to be harder to get in for an A-Level course. Where I am, the colleges'll have you with less than five Cs for A-Levels, although obviously there are caveats. Like I say, worth ringing up and asking.

Im going tommrow to ask, on results day the lady said i have to do gcse higher in maths because i have gotten a C, and i can choose 3 as levels, but i am still not sure, but i sure do not want to do a BTEC course.

Latest