The Student Room Group

Was it weird that my Dad's cousin who I had never meet started talking to me today?

I was in a shop today and a man who said he was my Dad's cousin started talking to me as he recognized me from my Dad's Facebook. He started telling me that his Dad and my grandad were brothers and a bit about himself generally. I was polite and spoke back as that is how I was raised but I did think it was a bit weird. I told my dad this later and he said it is true and he showed me his fb. He also said that he could've made more off an effort to keep in touch. I am sure he is a very nice person but I just found it a bit odd.
Reply 1
I don't think it's weird, he probably just wanted to get to know you especially considering that you have never met. Your Dad confirmed that he actually is who he said he is, so he's not just some random guy. My family isn't particularly close, but if someone related to me saw me in public I would think it was weird/rude if they just ignored me. You don't have to now build a close relationship with him if you don't want to, but maybe don't overthink that interaction too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending