The Student Room Group

GCSE Results Day 2020 Countdown Thread - IT'S HERE!!

Scroll to see replies

I understand that they need the standardisation process, but if they need to move people down (say 100 for example) If they then moved 20 up, they'd have to move 120 down whereas I think it would be fairer to move none up and only 100 down
Original post by aujhbk
CIE Igcse results come out tomorrow at 6am. Good luck for it, i'm nervous af

Unfortunately our school are not releasing those results until the 14th :/ I hope yours went well though!
Can whoever did IGCSE say how it went, were your results fair?
Reply 283
Original post by Mayataylor
Unfortunately our school are not releasing those results until the 14th :/ I hope yours went well though!

I received mine today, thanks for the wishes.
I got a 7 in eng lit, eng lang and history which isn't the best (personally) but i know they were my worst subjects. Good luck for the 14th!
Original post by baconhatesbeef
I got grade 7 twice in GCSE maths in Y11 and a 8 in year 10, doubt I get it cause the school I go to. I most likely to get a 5 or 6. I hate the fact I can’t accept it but I know it’s going to happen and I’m not gonna be surprised.

That’s unlikely to happen
because the percentage of all grades will go up by 1-2% each centre (school) will do better than they did last year

so expect some 9s
Original post by livlifestudying
I understand that they need the standardisation process, but if they need to move people down (say 100 for example) If they then moved 20 up, they'd have to move 120 down whereas I think it would be fairer to move none up and only 100 down

that also depends on how strict or lenient your teachers were

if your teachers were too strict worrying about how the standardisation process will work the grades will be pushed up

if they based their predictions from last year, so for example they gave 15 grade 9s compared to 13 last year, the exam board may not change the grades because each school is going to do better than last year

there’s gonna be some sort of drastic change because they were too lenient
Original post by aujhbk
I received mine today, thanks for the wishes.
I got a 7 in eng lit, eng lang and history which isn't the best (personally) but i know they were my worst subjects. Good luck for the 14th!

I’m sorry they didn’t go exactly how you wanted but, nevertheless, they are still amazing results :smile: thank you!!
wow. 9 days to go!
Original post by Bookworm_88
wow. 9 days to go!

it’s craaazzzyyy times rn
Original post by Bookworm_88
wow. 9 days to go!

So close. Time will feel slow now :frown:
Original post by philogrobized
So close. Time will feel slow now :frown:

Literally, I seem to be counting down every hour 😬
Is it bad that I don't really care what I get anymore, just want to get it over with
Original post by fijitastic
Is it bad that I don't really care what I get anymore, just want to get it over with

Yh, I feel like I just want to skip this and just start with sixth form for a fresh start tbh.
Original post by RandomHumanBeing
Yh, I feel like I just want to skip this and just start with sixth form for a fresh start tbh.

I still want good grades, but like I'm not bothered about resitting exams to make them better. I just want to get my results and move on as well. Feel like this is all a bad dream.
Quite worries about results:frown:. How are everyone's CIE results?
crazy how we can say results day is just next week
Original post by wellsey_
I still want good grades, but like I'm not bothered about resitting exams to make them better. I just want to get my results and move on as well. Feel like this is all a bad dream.

Fr. You can tell that the govt doesn't want people to appeal as much, cause everyone's forgotten content, the exams are in November (I think) and results day #2 would be in January. What a long wait.
It's still mindblowing how this school year has gone down. I remember at the start of year 11 we were saying, "this is gonna be an interesting year" due to the stress, but little did we know...
Original post by RandomHumanBeing
It's still mindblowing how this school year has gone down. I remember at the start of year 11 we were saying, "this is gonna be an interesting year" due to the stress, but little did we know...

Literally! Is it me or have these past few years gone before my eyes:confused:
Original post by examworld04
Quite worries about results:frown:. How are everyone's CIE results?

wait, do you get you CIE results early?

Quick Reply

Latest