The Student Room Group

maths integral

Scroll to see replies

There is a similar question on ~p128 (Q7)
https://ismailabdi.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/cambridge-international-as-and-a-level-mathematics-pure-mathematics-2-and-3.pdf
The answer is to 2 dp. They would expect an answer of 0.64 here.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mqb2766
There is a similar question on ~p128 (Q7)
https://ismailabdi.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/cambridge-international-as-and-a-level-mathematics-pure-mathematics-2-and-3.pdf
The answer is to 2 dp. They would expect an answer of 0.64 here.

Thanks so much for the linked example :smile:

Wondering if it's a difference between boards and/or international/UK syllabus? I am taking Edexcel A level (UK) and haven't had a question like this before, but can see that it's a regular type of question in the international workbook you linked. The only "additional" thing we tend to be asked is to calculate the percentage error between the estimated value (using the trapezium rule) and the exact value (using integration), or to explain if it's an over or under estimate.

However, I'm really grateful for your help on all this (sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread!) as now I know exactly how to approach it should it come up in a future exam.
Original post by semsee45
Thanks so much for the linked example :smile:

Wondering if it's a difference between boards and/or international/UK syllabus? I am taking Edexcel A level (UK) and haven't had a question like this before, but can see that it's a regular type of question in the international workbook you linked. The only "additional" thing we tend to be asked is to calculate the percentage error between the estimated value (using the trapezium rule) and the exact value (using integration), or to explain if it's an over or under estimate.

However, I'm really grateful for your help on all this (sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread!) as now I know exactly how to approach it should it come up in a future exam.

@deviany could you say which book this is and which exam you're doing pls?

Quick Reply

Latest