The Student Room Group

edexcel maths a level

does anyone have predictions on what topics could come up for edexcel a level maths??
No predictions, but I’m hoping for an opsonisation question, good chunk of binomial expansion, and a fairly decent integration question (preferably with trig, not u-sub) :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by blue_dalmatian
No predictions, but I’m hoping for an opsonisation question, good chunk of binomial expansion, and a fairly decent integration question (preferably with trig, not u-sub) :smile:

Opsonisation?
Original post by helloavs
Opsonisation?

yeah ive never heard that before - has something to do with bacteria so i assume they meant decay/exponential questions
Reply 4
Original post by user8937264980
yeah ive never heard that before - has something to do with bacteria so i assume they meant decay/exponential questions

Yeh i got a bit freaked and searched it up and saw bacteria or smth lmao
Opsonisation?

First of all; I’m very sorry! I mean optimisation, and I just said it completely and utterly wrong

I mean questions like the one in attached photo :smile:
Reply 6
First of all; I’m very sorry! I mean optimisation, and I just said it completely and utterly wrong

I mean questions like the one in attached photo :smile:

Ahh yes like differential equations and modelling, I get you now! Ugh I really hope the last questions aren’t too difficult, hopefully a relatively simple differential modelling question or integration and areas
bruh I hate differential modelling questions, any advice on how to improve on them. bruh ive not even finished math revision, only done trig and sequences/series
Original post by B7861
bruh I hate differential modelling questions, any advice on how to improve on them. bruh ive not even finished math revision, only done trig and sequences/series

practice. literally every question is basically the same method
Reply 9
Original post by B7861

They certainly are quite intimidating and can be tricky but honestly solving those questions all follow a similar method, what helped me was watching zeeshans video on it! Hope that helps
They certainly are quite intimidating and can be tricky but honestly solving those questions all follow a similar method, what helped me was watching zeeshans video on it! Hope that helps

right thanks for the help, honestly im just scared for maths. ive been so caught up with chem and bio and ive literally forgotten about maths. im gonna give myself 4 days to get through math content and then after that just do tons of practice. dont know if ill be able to get an A but ill have to see
Ahh yes like differential equations and modelling, I get you now! Ugh I really hope the last questions aren’t too difficult, hopefully a relatively simple differential modelling question or integration and areas

I’m hoping for good questions! Better than the FM paper, based on what I’ve seen/heard 😳

I’m getting better at trig, so I wouldn’t mind one of those, and parametric integration. I hate connected rates of change (gotten a bit better, but still fiddly), so I’m hoping there’s not loads (then again, there usually isn’t - 3 marks, tops)
Reply 12
I’m hoping for good questions! Better than the FM paper, based on what I’ve seen/heard 😳

I’m getting better at trig, so I wouldn’t mind one of those, and parametric integration. I hate connected rates of change (gotten a bit better, but still fiddly), so I’m hoping there’s not loads (then again, there usually isn’t - 3 marks, tops)

Yeah I hope they aren’t too brutal, apparently 2019 was the hardest set of papers since the new spec so hopefully it won’t be as hard as that, comes with practice i guess?! How’s everyone’s revision going? Hopefully bearable somewhat haha :smile:
Yeah I hope they aren’t too brutal, apparently 2019 was the hardest set of papers since the new spec so hopefully it won’t be as hard as that, comes with practice i guess?! How’s everyone’s revision going? Hopefully bearable somewhat haha :smile:

i dont really see how maths could suddenly change their style of questions like physics did so should be good

Revision has been going okay but i'm mostly just doing past questions now. I still need to look over all the trig identities and other stuff we need to remember

Getting there, going well! As with all my subjects, I’ve gotten to the stage where I’m pretty much just focusing on banging out exam papers. Maths is also getting the brunt of my attention, as my last mock finished on Wednesday - full steam ahead!

Literally can’t be getting any worse

Quick Reply

Latest