The Student Room Group

Secondary school teaching degree?

I’m really tied between deciding to be a secondary school maths teacher or a primary school teacher. However I really don’t want to do a maths degree. Is there any way I can be a maths teacher without a maths degree. I’ve seen that you can do a secondary mathematics degree but I don’t know much about it.
My original ambition was to do a primary education degree but I’m not sure if you can teach secondary with this. Any advice would be really helpful please?
Thank you!
Reply 1
If you do a primary teaching degree and then decide that you want to do secondary teaching I think that it's possible to do a 1 year PGDE for secondary teaching. Maybe something to look into?
Reply 2
But that might possibly only be if you have a degree in the subject area that you want to teach
Original post by Elliefagan
I’m really tied between deciding to be a secondary school maths teacher or a primary school teacher. However I really don’t want to do a maths degree. Is there any way I can be a maths teacher without a maths degree. I’ve seen that you can do a secondary mathematics degree but I don’t know much about it.
My original ambition was to do a primary education degree but I’m not sure if you can teach secondary with this. Any advice would be really helpful please?
Thank you!

high schools better to teach in many ways

Quick Reply

Latest