The Student Room Group

Is it worthy to do Master in history ?

Hey, I am planning to do Masters in History but I am not sure if it is worthy? I want to persue my career in teaching. I really enjoy History and i would love to study one more year but will this give me any benefit for teacher's career? Will I be able to get higher salary ?
Reply 1
if you want to teach in the UK you’ll need to do a PGCE (post-graduate certificate of education) in history to be qualified to teach in secondary schools
Reply 2
Original post by Hattie6
Hey, I am planning to do Masters in History but I am not sure if it is worthy? I want to persue my career in teaching. I really enjoy History and i would love to study one more year but will this give me any benefit for teacher's career? Will I be able to get higher salary ?

It might give you a slight edge if you ever taught in a private school but that is about it. The requirements for a teaching PGCE are a relevant degree subject (sometimes) and "the ability to teach". The thing that will keep you in education is the later plus the ability to manage stress and excessive workloads.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending