The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You look amazing, don't worry about it :smile: x
Your side profile is really pretty and defo female passing, sis you have nothing to worry about!
I am not judging you. Don't take offence and don't report me for this.

Comparing you with Beyonce, one looks more feminine. That is all I shall say, lest I am reported.
Original post by TheYearNiner

Comparing you with Beyonce, one looks more feminine. That is all I shall say, lest I am reported.

to add, being a female doesn't always equate to wearing female's clothes. there are tomboys for example or women that are in sports like serena williams who don't look like beyonce, so this one sterootype that all women are the same isnt right
Original post by Anonymous
to add, being a female doesn't always equate to wearing female's clothes. there are tomboys for example or women that are in sports like serena williams who don't look like beyonce, so this one sterootype that all women are the same isnt right

Serena Williams’s face definitely looks feminine though...
Original post by TheYearNiner

lmao of course I don't take offence! When I ask not to judge I meant that if people have opinions on my general decision then to politely keep it to themselves because I'm not here to argue identity politics.
You seriously do - you would have a pretty hard time telling me otherwise! You're pretty as well and your fashion sense is awesome, you've got nothing to be insecure about :wink:
Original post by Lazarevic
Serena Williams’s face definitely looks feminine though...

Did I say otherwise? Don't put words into my mouth. I said that ONE looks MORE feminine. Quick google search on the definition, so that you won't be offended by what it says as its not from MY WORDS, but the internet. having qualities or an appearance traditionally associated with women, especially delicacy and prettiness. Thus when comparing Serena and Beyonce it is clear who has more delicate features. It is not racism, it is not sexism, it is just facts. Doesn't make anyone any less of a female.
Did I say otherwise? Don't put words into my mouth. I said that ONE looks MORE feminine. Quick google search on the definition, so that you won't be offended by what it says as its not from MY WORDS, but the internet. having qualities or an appearance traditionally associated with women, especially delicacy and prettiness. Thus when comparing Serena and Beyonce it is clear who has more delicate features. It is not racism, it is not sexism, it is just facts. Doesn't make anyone any less of a female.

I mean in comparison to the OP which is what this thread is about 🤷🏻*♂️
You look very nice. You remind me of Winona Ryder.
Reply 90
You look beautiful :smile:
If I saw you walking around I wouldnt think anything ( although I might rush off to google to find that button up shirt :lol: )
You look fantastic :smile: I love your style!
Original post by markova21
You look very nice. You remind me of Winona Ryder.

Omg that's crazy lol I've beem told that so many times
Original post by Catherine1973
yes i was going to say, don't need to try TOO hard. Most women are nowadays dressed pretty low key (i am in jeans/top/hoodie) and don't really dress girly as such (beyond stuff like nights out).
Most Uni students dress similar bar a few.
dressing more low key may assist in passing better, compared to dressing in a gothy style which more says "look at me" and then you do look, and maybe wonder.

Original post by Catherine1973
yes i was going to say, don't need to try TOO hard. Most women are nowadays dressed pretty low key (i am in jeans/top/hoodie) and don't really dress girly as such (beyond stuff like nights out).
Most Uni students dress similar bar a few.
dressing more low key may assist in passing better, compared to dressing in a gothy style which more says "look at me" and then you do look, and maybe wonder.

I mean this is pretty wrong 😂😂😂
Plenty of people dress in more than just jeans/top/hoodie combo, “gothy style” isn’t inherently look at me, and this is fairly low key and cute. Do you live in an alternate dimension where everyone minus the glitches in the matrix dress the same? Jesus Christ.
Original post by Prefect1992
You look fantastic :smile: I love your style!

Thanks!
Yes! We got to 100 posts without a load of overt transphobia. Well done TSR, for once.
You look feminine enough I guess, no one is going to stare at you in the streets trying to figure out your gender dw
Yes you do :hugs:
Congrats on starting to accept your gender identity! I know it can be really hard, and I'm glad you've managed to start that process.
To the general public, I'd say yes, you pass really well. To trans people or people heavily involved in trans rights etc they might pick up that you're trans, but wouldn't say anything, as they'd be trans/supportive themselves.
Mannerisms-wise, it's of course hard to say, but there's lots of resources on how to develop feminine mannerisms. I'm a trans man, so I've been trying to go the other way, but from what I've seen: slightly sway your hips when you walk and take up less space when you walk (put your feet slightly in front of one another), sit with your legs crossed if you can (or just close together if not), sway your arms slightly when you walk, use your hands lots when you talk, and work on feminising your voice. Voices are often the key giveaway for trans people, so it's definitely worth working on.
But from the pictures alone, you pass very well, and I'd say the style you wear certainly helps you pass well.
And remember, if you do ever receive any bullsh*t from people, report it if you can! Especially if you know the person who did it, as then they're more likely to actually be reprimanded for it.
Bro just wear nike tech fleece tracksuit

Bro just leave her alone she can wear what she wants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending