The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Student Loan Help!

Hi there everyone,I am from Scotland and have received an unconditional offer to study my masters degree in England at a private institution. I applied for SAAS but unfortunately got it rejected due to this reason: 'Although your course is validated by a publicly funded institution, the course is delivered by a private provider ;and as such would not be eligible for support unfortunately.' I was told on the phone by someone from Student Finance England that I could potentially apply for a loan through them which got me excited however I didn't quite believe it and double checked and was informed that I wouldn't be eligible as you can't move for the sole purpose of studying then apply.. I am very stuck here and would love to study my masters any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Have you asked your course provider for advice on sources of funding.
Reply 2
Yes I have and the only other option would be to get a private loan but the APR on the them are ridiculous. Can’t believe I can’t get any government funding! I never have taken any student loan out before as well..
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Have you asked your course provider for advice on sources of funding.

Yes I have and the only other option would be to get a private loan but the APR on the them are ridiculous. Can’t believe I can’t get any government funding! I never have taken any student loan out before as well.. Is there anything you could advise? Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending