The Student Room Group

SAAS Online Degrees

Hi, is SAAS funding remote degrees? Open University seems to be the only one I see in the list when filling in application. I have noticed that Arden and other do get funding via SLC, but not SAAS. Why? Is it going to change anytime soon? Am I missing something?
Original post by Damian88
Hi, is SAAS funding remote degrees? Open University seems to be the only one I see in the list when filling in application. I have noticed that Arden and other do get funding via SLC, but not SAAS. Why? Is it going to change anytime soon? Am I missing something?

@Damian88

Hello! If anyone is interested in SAAS funding there is a great website which summarises it https://www.studentinformation.gov.scot/students/higher-education/funding-your-studies

I can confirm that with Arden you can get funding via Student Finance England as I did my Masters degree there and I had a brilliant time. With Arden being a private company that has fully accredited programs it might not be on the SAAS list for that reason - they are expanding further into an international market with employers often paying for their employee's to do their courses. The Business programs are very popular in particular.

Open University was set up by Harold Wilson's Government in the 1960's.

As their ambassador I will raise the issue at the next team meeting and seek some more clarity on SAAS funding

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Arden University
@Damian88

Hello! If anyone is interested in SAAS funding there is a great website which summarises it https://www.studentinformation.gov.scot/students/higher-education/funding-your-studies

I can confirm that with Arden you can get funding via Student Finance England as I did my Masters degree there and I had a brilliant time. With Arden being a private company that has fully accredited programs it might not be on the SAAS list for that reason - they are expanding further into an international market with employers often paying for their employee's to do their courses. The Business programs are very popular in particular.

Open University was set up by Harold Wilson's Government in the 1960's.

As their ambassador I will raise the issue at the next team meeting and seek some more clarity on SAAS funding

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

I spoke to someone at Arden. Their degrees cannot be funded via SAAS, the same seems to apply to all remote degrees everywhere with the exception of OU.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending