The Student Room Group

Irish in Spain applying for student finance

Hi

I am an irish citizen and would like to do a postgraduate in the UK. It will be in Scotland or England. Can I get a loan provided I am currently living in Spain?
And if so how much would I qualify for?

Also would I need to apply through SAAS if the school is in Scotland?

Thanks!!!
Hi aklmlkd,

To qualify for funding from SFE for a postgraduate masters loan the university must be located in England, I would advise contacting SAAS for guidance on what funding may be available if you are looking to study in Scotland

Otherwise, if you are looking to study a masters level course at a university in England you should be eligible for postgraduate loan funding if you have three years residency in the UK/EEA/Switzerland/Gibraltar directly before the start of your course

The postgraduate loan is a contribution that is paid directly to the student and from that point it is the student's responsibility to arrange to pay their tuition fees and living costs - for the 23/24 academic year the maximum entitlement is £12,167

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi aklmlkd,

To qualify for funding from SFE for a postgraduate masters loan the university must be located in England, I would advise contacting SAAS for guidance on what funding may be available if you are looking to study in Scotland

Otherwise, if you are looking to study a masters level course at a university in England you should be eligible for postgraduate loan funding if you have three years residency in the UK/EEA/Switzerland/Gibraltar directly before the start of your course

The postgraduate loan is a contribution that is paid directly to the student and from that point it is the student's responsibility to arrange to pay their tuition fees and living costs - for the 23/24 academic year the maximum entitlement is £12,167

Thanks,
Calum

Thanks Calum!!!
Original post by aklmlkd
Thanks Calum!!!

Hi,

You're welcome. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending