The Student Room Group

Closest morrisons to staffordshire uni

i didnt know where to put this, but anyway...
im going to staffordshire uni in a few weeks, on the stafford campus, and i currently work at morrisons. i was considering a transfer and on their website the store locator is telling me the closest one is in stone, which is 8 miles away, or theres one in stoke. id rather go to the stoke one as my friend is also in the same position as me but is on the stoke campus. i was just wondering how easy it would be to get to either one of these morrisons by public transport and if it is worth it.
thanks.
Reply 1
Change the title to:

"Nearest morrisons in relation to Staffordshire university"
Reply 2
think ive changed it.
i hope i get an answer soon. im going to work in less than 2 hours and was either going to ask for a transfer or hand in my notice.
Reply 3
From Stafford, it'd be easier to get to Stone because it's closer and there's a pretty direct bus route (101). There's a Morrisons in Newcastle-under-Lyme and one in Festival Park near Hanley. The Newcastle one is closer to Stafford I think, and you can get the 101 from Stafford to Newcastle, but it can take a while at times. The other one is a bit more difficult to get to because you'd have to get two buses and then a five minute walk.
Reply 4
thanks for that :smile:

sounds like a bit of a mission to get there then. would you say its worth it, or just look for another job?
Reply 5
dude_se
thanks for that :smile:

sounds like a bit of a mission to get there then. would you say its worth it, or just look for another job?

I think it'd be worth it to go to the one in Stone because it's not too far, but if you don't like it you could look for another job when you get there.
Reply 6
say for example, i wanted to work a night shift like i do now, which is a tuesday 5:30-9. how long would it take me to get there by bus, and is there any chance of me being able to get back? i can always just work earlier hours though.
Reply 7
I think it takes about 20 minutes between Stafford and Stone, but I'm not sure. It's definitely less than half an hour. The buses run quite late, so you would be able to get back.
Reply 8
thanks, youve been a good help. ill rep you at some point :smile:
ive just got to phone them and see if theres any vacancies over there.
oh .. and do you know if the morrisons is far from the bus stop?
Reply 9
The bus stop to get off in Stone is just around the corner from Morrisons, so about a 2 minute walk. The bus stop to get the bus back to Stafford is about 5 minutes away from Morrisons. Aw thanks, glad I could help :smile:
Reply 10
that sounds alright then :smile:
i guess ill give them a ring and see what happens.
Reply 11
I miss the NUL Morrisons, I had many a happy moment buying beer and oatcakes there :frown:

Nothing else, just beer and oatcakes :p:
Reply 12
NUL?
newcastle?

Latest

Trending

Trending