The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Support and Motivation at Staffordshire University - Lecturers and Media Technicians

Hi,

I’m Tiff, a student heading into third year in Film, Television and Radio at Staffordshire University. I am making this thread to discuss the support and motivation that the lecturers and media technicians at Staffordshire University have provided me with through my student journey.

As someone who felt out of my depth when joining this course, due to my lack of knowledge surrounding the technical equipment, I can safely say that the staff at Staffordshire University make the experience a lot less nerve racking. They eased me into a safe environment that is non-judgmental and supportive, the perfect requirements for building up my confidence.

Firstly, the lecturers carry a large, “you can do it” mentality in terms of both academic, and practical work. They offer loads of support in the form of 1 to 1 meetings, guidance with essay writing, and even being on hand for a chat anytime I feel like things aren’t going so well. I was assigned a personal tutor, who has been there for me to talk to about both things inside AND outside of University.

Secondly, in terms of practical and equipment help, the media technicians are reliable and approachable when it comes to helping students out. They don’t just train you on the equipment and program software, but they are always happy to refresh your memory, or give you 1 to 1 extra training if you feel like you need it. Not just this but they are also happy to advise you on any specific techniques, equipment and programmes that are the best to use when it comes to your projects. If anything goes wrong technically, they will give you a helping hand and resolve the problem alongside you.

Thanks to the hands-on approach at Staffordshire university, I have been able to learn, work independently, and even receive the support and help needed to rectify any problem I encounter.

If you have any questions about what support is available at Staffordshire University, then please get in touch. I hope you enjoy your journey to university!

Thanks,
Tiff :smile:
(Staffordshire University Content Creator)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending