The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Official Staffordshire University Applicant Thread 2024

Hello applicants of Staffordshire University!

We're excited to get to know you a little better.

Use this thread to introduce yourself!

Ask us any questions you have about your application, what you're studying or any concerns you may have about starting university.

We can't wait to hear from you
I'm hoping to apply to concept art for film and games!
I've attended an open day in June and I really enjoyed what I was seeing, I also know people who have gone or attending so I had personal opinions to add to my decision :smile:
I'm nervous to leave things behind, it's not too far but I know it'll be different to what it's like now.
I'm wondering if this is the correct place to talk to potential students?
(edited 6 months ago)
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
I've attended an open day in June and I really enjoyed what I was seeing, I also know people who have gone or attending so I had personal opinions to add to my decision :smile:
I'm nervous to leave things behind, it's not too far but I know it'll be different to what it's like now.

Hi,
Yes, this is a good place to talk to potential students. It's also great that you had an enjoyable time at our open day :smile:
Heading to Uni does always feels like a big leap for people, but you're definitely alone on that one.
I hope you're able to have some useful chats here but we are always here if you need to ask anything.
Best wishes,
Shaun

Hi,

I am Tiff a Student Content Creator at Staffordshire University and I am currently in my third year of studying Film, Television and Radio at Staffordshire University.

I do not have experience within the world of concert art for film and games, however I do have some experience with other film areas across the university, and so if you had any questions about film at Staffordshire University I would be happy to chat to you more about that.

Alternatively, I can talk to you about my experience at university so far as I was also nervous when starting out, and I can offer some reassurance about joining, especially with a course that may be daunting due to its technical elements.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch. I hope your University journey goes well.

Thanks
Tiff :smile: - Student Content Creator at Staffordshire University

Hello!
I'm Jodie and I'm currently studying Game Art on second year. While I know it's not concept art we work very closely with this course and the games department as a whole! I was also super nervous to leave things behind and I live 4-5 hours away from the uni. It's a big step and a life changing decision but once you settle in it's so fun and I'm sure you'll love it! You'll often find as well that other people are also nervous to move out so don't worry about feeling nervous, you're not alone on that one. This is a great place to talk to potential students and, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask as we would love to help!

All the best and hope your uni applications go well :smile:

Jodie - Student Content Creator at Staffordshire University
Hello! I've applied for MA Philosophy of Nature, Information and Technology. I'm due to graduate with my undergraduate degree in June and hope to eventually go on to a PhD after this Masters :smile: I forgot how nerve-wracking it is to wait to hear back for uni applications!
Hello! I've applied for MA Philosophy of Nature, Information and Technology. I'm due to graduate with my undergraduate degree in June and hope to eventually go on to a PhD after this Masters :smile: I forgot how nerve-wracking it is to wait to hear back for uni applications!

Hi, Congratulations on graduating. It sounds like you have everything well planned out! I hope everything goes well with your application.
Shaun
Hi! I have an interview coming up for VARM and I don't know what to expect! I'm really excited, but super nervous. Any tips?
Want to choose college court for accomodation, however there's an official website which makes it cheaper. I'm a first year and don't know wether to spend the extra and stay with the unis official site or go for college courts own website.
Hi - mature student who has been lurking sometime waiting for best and right time to apply to you to study adult or child nursing. Did you have previous year timetables at all for the course? ( I presume 2024 /2025 is not yet available?). My queries now are predominantly in respect of days of university attendance / placement days, as I need factor in my family and make sure I can commit. Is there a current point of contact I may make with this and other queries? I have signed up for the January online open day and plan to attend in person too I believe March time too.

Oh one other question - Stafford based - where is it possible to do functional skills?

Thank you!
Original post by Staffordshire University

Ask us any questions you have about your application, what you're studying or any concerns you may have about starting university.

Good afternoon. Just a few queries, are you aware if the nursing degree days remain same throughout the 3 years? Or at least for each year? Last question - regarding functional skills, is the university aware of if the local nscg runs these courses? I have made contact and never seem to get a response and can’t see on their website.
Thank you!
A bit worried about the process so far. (Application went in a week ahead of the deadline)
Got set up with Beacon app as instructed.
Have had a request for evidence of Level 3 quals/expected grades (not applying on basis of qualifications, mature student, UCAS box ticked accordingly) and although there is a button on the app to upload portfolio it says "If you have been requested..." but no request has been received.
Emailed admissions for clarification of both but not heard back, unsure how much longer I should wait before contacting them again?
Original post by Staffordshire University

Hi there, Staffs!

I'm hoping to study midwifery and have been offered an interview this month. I have also been offered conditional offers for other health and social care courses with yourselves and am rather eager but nervous to see how this last interview will go before making a choice.

My query is, in what form should I supply the second character reference? And is it required before I attend my interview, during or after? I want to make sure I am completely prepared and the course details don't really clarify much about the second reference.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending