The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JE2202
I applied for White Rose View accomodation last week and given that it is apparently over subscribed I have some questions:
- If I miss out on this accomodation, and I don't like the back up one that they put me in, do I get to change?
-Given that I only applied last week, will this be too late? Is it first come first serve? Cheers

It’s not first come first served.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
i’m thinking of firming Leeds for law, and i’m also thinking of the Henry Price and Charles Morris accommodations! so if anyone is applying to any of these please reply !
I got my offer back from Leeds for law about 3 months after I applied so don't worry, I think they're just being slow this year! I also applied for James Bailee accom if anyone's applied there too?
Hey guys. Any mature students starting in September? :smile:
Original post by _.bethany_
Hi! I just firmed Leeds for LLB yesterday!! I'm looking for self-catered accommodation on the cheaper side of things. Not en-suite though. Do you have any ideas? I'm currently considering Montague Burton, Lupton, North Hill Court and Oxley. I'm leaning towards Montague Burton though, it looks really good and there's a free washing machine and dryer in the kitchen which takes away the cost of laundry. I hear Lupton is oversubscribed. Have you considered shared housing?? It's quite cheap and they all look so cozy. Plus there are tons of windows although storage space is quite small. Please get back to me ASAP! I'm an international student and no one else in my school applied to Leeds so I'm extremely confused concerning quite a number of things.

Lupton and Oxley aren’t oversubscribed at all!! However Montague Burton is quite over subscribed.
Anyone (that hasn't applied for economics) yet to hear back from the business school?
Original post by Anonymous
i’m thinking of firming Leeds for law, and i’m also thinking of the Henry Price and Charles Morris accommodations! so if anyone is applying to any of these please reply !

I applied for Charles Morris
oops didn't mean that sorry!
Original post by AHKS
I have changed about a month ago with a conditional offer. They asked for a new PS but pretty easy process.

Same here, I changed and just did a new PS
Hi, I've got an offer to study at Leeds starting sept. Need to be close to Worsley Building for accommodation, not something excessively sociable but not too little and don't mind whether it is ensuite or not. Currently stuck between Charles Morris, Sentinel Towers and 'smaller residence shared houses'. Which one should i choose and what is the general opinion on smaller residences? Do many freshers choose smaller residences or is it mainly international students and older years?
Original post by hasanshahzad222
Hi, I've got an offer to study at Leeds starting sept. Need to be close to Worsley Building for accommodation, not something excessively sociable but not too little and don't mind whether it is ensuite or not. Currently stuck between Charles Morris, Sentinel Towers and 'smaller residence shared houses'. Which one should i choose and what is the general opinion on smaller residences? Do many freshers choose smaller residences or is it mainly international students and older years?

I am liking the look of the shared houses too but worried uk UG may be a bit out of place there. I have seen CM looks v popular from various posts so reckon could well not get in.
Original post by AHKS
I have changed about a month ago with a conditional offer. They asked for a new PS but pretty easy process.

what course did you change from was it similar to your original course? I want to change from IR to International Development and the courses are basically identical like all the modules are basically the same so hopefully I don't have to send a new PS.
Original post by coffeerush24
what course did you change from was it similar to your original course? I want to change from IR to International Development and the courses are basically identical like all the modules are basically the same so hopefully I don't have to send a new PS.

I changed from PPE to ID
I changed from PPE to ID

Also no wayyyyy. Did you phone them or email?
Also no wayyyyy. Did you phone them or email?

I sent an email and they came back within a few days and asked for the PS and then almost immediately they changed it on UCAS track.
I sent an email and they came back within a few days and asked for the PS and then almost immediately they changed it on UCAS track.

Oh wow thank you. You don't need to disclose anything person but what kind of things did you include in the email? Also what was your reason for changing from PPE to ID. I decided to change due to the grade requirments and even though I prefer IR I can still take the same modules as ID as the course is basically similar just different titles.
Oh wow thank you. You don't need to disclose anything person but what kind of things did you include in the email? Also what was your reason for changing from PPE to ID. I decided to change due to the grade requirments and even though I prefer IR I can still take the same modules as ID as the course is basically similar just different titles.

You may be disappointed then as they don't change the offer (PPE is higher than ID) to lower one and that was not why I wanted to change. I think you may struggle to justify why you want a change if is not because you want to study something different than what you applied for as that was the whole basis of my new PS.
Original post by SpartanLevi
I'm still waiting for Law, I know of some people who applied close to the time I did and they still received an offer. I'm still hopeful, though I'm still unsure why it's taking this long.

I'm still waiting for law too and I applied near the ucas deadline. its the only uni I'm waiting to hear back from now but its my first choice so Its making me nervous:/
Original post by 6666666666666
I'm still waiting for law too and I applied near the ucas deadline. its the only uni I'm waiting to hear back from now but its my first choice so Its making me nervous:/

Exactly the same here

Latest