The Student Room Group

alevel vs gcse chem

in prep for alevel chemistry, is there any topics in the GCSE that don't reappear in the alevel at all?
Original post by sreddy
in prep for alevel chemistry, is there any topics in the GCSE that don't reappear in the alevel at all?

idts

im in year 11 too lol so i could b wrong...
I think the whole environmental topic/recycling/life cycle assessment doesn't come up (but the bit on greenhouse gases will)
Reply 3
Original post by jazzj
I think the whole environmental topic/recycling/life cycle assessment doesn't come up (but the bit on greenhouse gases will)

tysm! does the stuff abt potable water and fertilisers come up aka lthe last topic
Original post by sreddy
tysm! does the stuff abt potable water and fertilisers come up aka lthe last topic

so I'm just starting yr12 so don't take my word for it hehe... but I don't think any of that stuff comes up, simply because it's a lot of just rote learning and A-levels are more about application/the rote learning is reserved for more 'difficult' concepts like mechanisms. But have a quick run through your specification, e.g. if you're doing AQA https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/chemistry/specifications/AQA-7404-7405-SP-2015.PDF

Quick Reply

Latest