The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine Help

So I’m wanting to apply to veterinary medicine for 2021 entry. However I got a B in higher chemistry and got A’s in my others subjects. I am currently studying advanced biology and chemistry and higher physics. I’ve got plenty of work experience. Would it still be worthwhile applying?
hey , i think the best option is too take a gap year than apply. Because they wont consider your application with a B you need an A. They are very strict on that everywhere so they wont even consider your application for the next stage as there will be many with the correct grades.

Good luck for future.
is this a post grad question or is it in the wrong place?
Original post by ReadingMum
is this a post grad question or is it in the wrong place?

wrong place. im assuming undergraduate
Reply 4
Could this year be different since we did it actually sit exams? I know I would have gotten an A if I had actually sat the exam which is so annoying
Is there no appeals/resit process for highers? E.g. you got a B but feel you could have got an A so resit the exam in October?

It would definitely still be worth applying and I would hope universities would be taking issues like this into account - but ultimately it will be your advanced higher grades likely to determine if you actually get in or not
Reply 6
Thank you, no there are no resits sadly. Hopefully the universities will understand and I’m just going to try and get an A for my advanced higher chemistry
Original post by _simba_1234
Thank you, no there are no resits sadly. Hopefully the universities will understand and I’m just going to try and get an A for my advanced higher chemistry

I'm presuming you are Scottish? In normal circumstances this would mean that you won't be able to get into Edinburgh or Glasgow which I presume would be your preferred choices? They might take a different attitude this year since you didn't actually sit the exam so I would recommend you email them to ask the question and in the meantime focus on doing the best you can in your AH, especially your Chemistry AH. You certainly still have plenty of options in applying to English universities as they tend to look at your AH more than your highers. I'm happy to help further if you need it, just send me a PM.
Reply 8
Original post by animalmagic
I'm presuming you are Scottish? In normal circumstances this would mean that you won't be able to get into Edinburgh or Glasgow which I presume would be your preferred choices? They might take a different attitude this year since you didn't actually sit the exam so I would recommend you email them to ask the question and in the meantime focus on doing the best you can in your AH, especially your Chemistry AH. You certainly still have plenty of options in applying to English universities as they tend to look at your AH more than your highers. I'm happy to help further if you need it, just send me a PM.

Thank you! Yes I am Scottish, I have emailed them a few weeks ago but haven’t got back to me.
Original post by _simba_1234
Thank you! Yes I am Scottish, I have emailed them a few weeks ago but haven’t got back to me.

That doesn't surprise me, I expect they've been rushed off their feet with the exam chaos :frown: Probably worth trying them again soon as the new semester starts in a week. I always prefer email for that sort of thing so you have the answer in writing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending