The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Official Northumbria University 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Northumbria University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Northumbria University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Thank you @Manooka for setting this up :five:

We'd love to hear from anyone thinking of applying, or those that have applied! Our account is run by current students and recent graduates so if you have any questions or want to know more about Northumbria, we're here to help :smartass:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Hi! I saw on the Northumbria University page about the four year medicine program at Northumbria/SGU. I have a few questions.
Can home students apply?
How much are the fees?
Because of the Covid-19 situation, is teaching online? And as I think there is an option to do one year at the SGU campus, is there an alternative for this because of current circumstances?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I saw on the Northumbria University page about the four year medicine program at Northumbria/SGU. I have a few questions.
Can home students apply?
How much are the fees?
Because of the Covid-19 situation, is teaching online? And as I think there is an option to do one year at the SGU campus, is there an alternative for this because of current circumstances?

Hi,

The application process is handled by SGU, but yes students from the UK and across the globe are welcome to apply!

UK and EU students who study SGU programmes in Newcastle, and are classified as Home fee status, will pay the Northumbria fee of £9,250 per year of study. When students progress to the SGU Grenada campus to complete their studies they will be liable to pay the standard SGU fees (£15,500). Student loan funding cannot be used to pay for tuition fees incurred during study in Grenada or during clinical rotations. However, students can apply for a scholarship to cover this cost.

The teaching approach will depend on Government guidelines at the time. The first year of the programme is taught in the UK and for 2020 entry a lot of the teaching is based online and includes on campus sessions where necessary, but this could change by 2021 entry. The second year is based at the SGU campus, and again the arrangements for this would depend on Government guidelines at the time.

Hope this helps! Thanks :smile:
Reply 4
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi,
I’m applying to do children’s nursing and I am currently studying BTEC health and social care
Hi! I’m thinking of applying to do food science and nutrition. The subjects I took are health and social care, Welsh baccalaureate, food science and applied science
Hi,
Received an interview this morning for adult nursing!
I’m applying to do politics and international relations and the subjects I took are politics, business and geography I sent my ucas off on Thursday last week
Original post by e_>s
Hi,
I’m applying to do children’s nursing and I am currently studying BTEC health and social care

Hi. I've applied to children's nursing too. Have you got an interview?
Original post by Cclarke0611
Hi. I've applied to children's nursing too. Have you got an interview?

Hi, yeah I have dm me?
I’ve applied for Adult Nursing and have my interview on the 8th December! I’m currently doing my access course x
Hi
Has anyone applied for Midwifery and had any news re: interview? The waiting game!

Thanks!
Original post by morganmcdonald
I’ve applied for Adult Nursing and have my interview on the 8th December! I’m currently doing my access course x

I'm doing an access course too:biggrin:
Original post by Bebar1110
Hi,
Received an interview this morning for adult nursing!

Have you done your interview yet? I have mine today and I am so so nervous!!
Original post by Bebar1110
I'm doing an access course too:biggrin:

Mines today (8th December) too! Good luck!!👏🏻
Original post by Anonymous
Have you done your interview yet? I have mine today and I am so so nervous!!

How was ur interview ? What was the layout?
I’m applying to adult nursing, my interview is tomorrow at 9am, (it’s currently 6:30 the night before) and I haven’t been sent A link to the teams Meeting yet. Does anyone know when I should expect to get the email with the link? I’m not sure if I will GET the email at 9 or if I should join the meeting at 9. Has anyone done the interview already who knows?
Original post by aliyahrennison
I’m applying to adult nursing, my interview is tomorrow at 9am, (it’s currently 6:30 the night before) and I haven’t been sent A link to the teams Meeting yet. Does anyone know when I should expect to get the email with the link? I’m not sure if I will GET the email at 9 or if I should join the meeting at 9. Has anyone done the interview already who knows?

I had mine today at 12pm and I got the link for my interview on Thursday? So I think you should have it by now x
Original post by morganmcdonald
I had mine today at 12pm and I got the link for my interview on Thursday? So I think you should have it by now x

Ooooh dear, ok thank you! Think I’ll just Have to rearrange my interview, I hope yours went well! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending