The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Official University of Portsmouth 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Great thanks so much!! I’m trying to be as organised as I can I really want to live there haha
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Which accommodation / type of accom is everyone thinking about
Original post by kikib02
Hi! I'm Cristina and I recently applied to Portsmouth(and got an offer) for Psychology (4 years) starting in September!
I am currently doing biology,psychology and spanish A Level :smile:

Hi im Jorja, I'm hopefully going to studying Psychology in September too!
Original post by Anonymous
Which accommodation / type of accom is everyone thinking about

Hi!

Everybody is different and has different preferences. In your first year, I would recommend going with one of the university halls accommodation. Here you will get more support from the university as these companies work in partnership with the uni. they can all be found on this link https://www.port.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/our-halls-of-residence
It will depend on your budget, whether you want an en-suite, you're own kitchen, a double bed, catering etc.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Original post by jorja.03
Hi im Jorja, I'm hopefully going to studying Psychology in September too!

Hi! @jorja.03

Good luck with your A levels! And I hope that you get a place at the University of Portsmouth!

Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi!

Everybody is different and has different preferences. In your first year, I would recommend going with one of the university halls accommodation. Here you will get more support from the university as these companies work in partnership with the uni. they can all be found on this link https://www.port.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/our-halls-of-residence
It will depend on your budget, whether you want an en-suite, you're own kitchen, a double bed, catering etc.

I hope this helps!

Thank you! I have a question I hope you can answer - today I was rejected for my course but they said they will try to consider me for a similar appropriate course. If they find one for me will I need to do another interview for that course or will they use my responses from my interview I already done to assist any new proposition?
Thank you! I have a question I hope you can answer - today I was rejected for my course but they said they will try to consider me for a similar appropriate course. If they find one for me will I need to do another interview for that course or will they use my responses from my interview I already done to assist any new proposition?

Hi!

No worries.
I would contact the person that emailed you this. They should be able to talk you through the process in more depth. Maybe ask over the phone or gather a few questions you have for them.
Not every course at Portsmouth requires an interview process, so there might be a chance that you might not get one. I know with my course I was not required to complete an interview.
It would be a good idea to ask whoever contacted you about this or [email protected] because they'll be able to provide you with more specific information about this.

I hope this helps and good luck with securing a place!
Hi!

No worries.
I would contact the person that emailed you this. They should be able to talk you through the process in more depth. Maybe ask over the phone or gather a few questions you have for them.
Not every course at Portsmouth requires an interview process, so there might be a chance that you might not get one. I know with my course I was not required to complete an interview.
It would be a good idea to ask whoever contacted you about this or [email protected] because they'll be able to provide you with more specific information about this.

I hope this helps and good luck with securing a place!

Thank you for your help!
Hey, any idea what date we’ll be able to move into accommodation?
Reply 69
Has anyone received the accommodation email yet?
Original post by TheCardyMan
Hey, any idea what date we’ll be able to move into accommodation?

Hey :smile:

Usually students are allowed to move in the weekend before term starts.
However, things may be different going into the next Academic year for obvious reasons, so I would recommend contacting the UoP Student Housing Team by email at: [email protected]

They will be able to hopefully provide you with more accurate information! :smile:

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!
Sian- UoP Rep
Reply 71
Hey guys! I got an offer for Law LLB at Portsmouth :smile: I wanted to know if anyone applied to Law and what do you think of their program? Is it as rewarding as going to Essex for example?
Original post by Melia33
Hey guys! I got an offer for Law LLB at Portsmouth :smile: I wanted to know if anyone applied to Law and what do you think of their program? Is it as rewarding as going to Essex for example?

Hi! @Melia33

Congratulations on your offer!
If you would like to get to know people on your course then many students set up Facebook pages and stuff and this is usually a good way.
Also, if you have any questions about the course feel free to email the course [email protected]

Reply 73
Hi! @Melia33

Congratulations on your offer!
If you would like to get to know people on your course then many students set up Facebook pages and stuff and this is usually a good way.
Also, if you have any questions about the course feel free to email the course [email protected]

I'll do that! Thank you for your help! :smile:
Hey!! I've applied to study film at University of Portsmouth!!
On the Facebook group I’ve seen a lot of people saying how Catherine house is already fully booked/sold out? How is this possible since the uni hasn’t released accom yet and how is this fair since some of us haven’t had all our offers back yet so can’t choose firms and therefore accom?
On the Facebook group I’ve seen a lot of people saying how Catherine house is already fully booked/sold out? How is this possible since the uni hasn’t released accom yet and how is this fair since some of us haven’t had all our offers back yet so can’t choose firms and therefore accom?

Its full for private booking. Those are just the rooms the housing company didn't let to the uni and kept for themselves. The majority of rooms are let to the uni and are not bookable till Portsmouth accommodation opens.
Reply 77
Its full for private booking. Those are just the rooms the housing company didn't let to the uni and kept for themselves. The majority of rooms are let to the uni and are not bookable till Portsmouth accommodation opens.

I initially thought the booked rooms were just for the current year, not 2021-2022. But the private booking makes sense (though not sure how people managed to do so). Good to hear there are still rooms available, then (not sure how many though so it'd be wise to apply asap)

Also, this page states that the accommodation application is opening "at the end of February", so most likely today or sometime this week: https://www.port.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/guaranteed-room-in-halls

Okay that’s great thanks so much for clearing that up for me!
Original post by Taycam
I initially thought the booked rooms were just for the current year, not 2021-2022. But the private booking makes sense (though not sure how people managed to do so). Good to hear there are still rooms available, then (not sure how many though so it'd be wise to apply asap)

Also, this page states that the accommodation application is opening "at the end of February", so most likely today or sometime this week: https://www.port.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/guaranteed-room-in-halls

Is it first come first serve or do they wait till everyone’s applied then do it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending