The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by quasa
Turkey is replacing Singapore on this year's calendar. Will be a bizarre triple header of Russia, Turkey, Japan

Probably get a better race in Istanbul. All Singapore can really offer is the safety car.
what do we think the likelyhood is of Max winning on Sunday? also anyone else excited to see Instanbul park back on the calender
Track seemed extra slippy on cold tyres today.
Red Bull topped both sessions so good chance if dry (spoiler if wet is Ferrari given Monaco).

Good to see Turkey.
(edited 2 years ago)
Bottas given 3 place grid penalty for spinning in pit lane
Original post by mnot
Probably get a better race in Istanbul. All Singapore can really offer is the safety car.

Yup... Assuming Turkey isn't still on red list and no more outbreaks. Considering israel is having a rapid increase in cases despite having a high percentage of prople vaccinated is a worry
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fia-to-slow-down-formula-1-pitstops-from-hungarian-gp/6604217/

Bascuslly aimed at RB. who can honestly remember the last time they let a car out in an unsafe condition?
Original post by Andrew97
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fia-to-slow-down-formula-1-pitstops-from-hungarian-gp/6604217/

Bascuslly aimed at RB. who can honestly remember the last time they let a car out in an unsafe condition?

Rb... When webber was a driver is last i recall.

If anything, Bottas today was far worse than anything rb has done in the pits recently
Amusing story from Haas regarding Mick's seat.

Apparently he had been sitting at a crooked angle due to the set all season, so much so his mum ended up telling gunther about it last week and mick enlisted inspector seb to have a look at at.

Sebs verdict- break the seat so you can get a new one 😂

On a more serious note,

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by quasa

If anything, Bottas today was far worse than anything rb has done in the pits recently

Fairly sure Renault and Alpha Romeo have let people go with dodgy cars in the fairly recent past. Indeed was Kimi in Austria not something like that last year.
Original post by quasa

Did Ricciardo or Sebby have one in 2014? Cant recall Max ever having one, nor Albon, Gasly or Checo. Point is RB do fast pitstops safely.
Did Ricciardo or Sebby have one in 2014? Cant recall Max ever having one, nor Albon, Gasly or Checo. Point is RB do fast pitstops safely.

Cant remember 2014 tbh but the rb mishap which sticks out is webbers wheel hitting a camera man in pit lane
Original post by Rakas21
Fairly sure Renault and Alpha Romeo have let people go with dodgy cars in the fairly recent past. Indeed was Kimi in Austria not something like that last year.

I was referring to red bull specific ones.
Some news,

From 2023 the Russian GP will move from Sochi to igora drive at st Petersburg
C406E460-B279-46F2-9ACD-4A5A853AD517.jpeg

From birds eye view looks decent, I just wonder if the back straight could have been a little longer.

EDIT: Found a video of a lap from an M4, the track seems remarkably skinny for a brand new grade 1 track.
(edited 2 years ago)
Out in Q1 are latifi Ocon, kimi mick and Mazepin
Both Mercs and max on mediums in Q2 as is Gio for reasons. Gasly the mad lad is fastest
0.5s between 1st and 13th
Russell 0.008s away from q3

Latest