The Student Room Group

Manchester vs Bath for Computer Science BSc

I am applying to uni this year and am confused which uni to choose for my insurance. I am most interested in the quality of the course and career opportunities in the future. Ultimately I want to work at a company like Google, Amazon.
Reply 1
Hi! I'm also applying for Computer Science courses this year, I'm applying to Imperial, Manchester, Sheffield, Leicester and Liverpool. Did you get offers from Manchester and Bath?
According to complete uni guide, Bath has better graduate prospects (97% compared to 87%), better research intensity, but Manchester has better research quality. Also, Manchester is in a large city so I think it'd be easier to find jobs.
Personally, I prefer Manchester (but that's because I want to stay in a major city)
Original post by natily
Hi! I'm also applying for Computer Science courses this year, I'm applying to Imperial, Manchester, Sheffield, Leicester and Liverpool. Did you get offers from Manchester and Bath?
According to complete uni guide, Bath has better graduate prospects (97% compared to 87%), better research intensity, but Manchester has better research quality. Also, Manchester is in a large city so I think it'd be easier to find jobs.
Personally, I prefer Manchester (but that's because I want to stay in a major city)

same I want to stay in a major city too
Original post by Student.unihelp
same I want to stay in a major city too

I haven't applied yet still doing final touches on my personal statement - have you got any offers?
Reply 4
Original post by Student.unihelp
I haven't applied yet still doing final touches on my personal statement - have you got any offers?

Not yet, I've only just sent my application off to my school's UCAS referee, so I haven't applied.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending