The Student Room Group

haven't received any offers yet

It's been 10 days since I submitted my UCAS application, and I haven't received any offers yet. Is it accurate to say that the longer it takes, the less likely it is to receive offers? Typically, universities send out offers relatively quickly within the first week if they're interested and don't delay processing applications for too long. I applied to Manchester, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Bath, and Warwick for Bsc Management
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ankxx
It's been 10 days since I submitted my UCAS application, and I haven't received any offers yet. Is it accurate to say that the longer it takes, the less likely it is to receive offers? Typically, universities send out offers relatively quickly within the first week if they're interested and don't delay processing applications for too long. I applied to Manchester, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Bath, and Warwick for Bsc Management

Yeah this is just not true. Universities can take as long as they wish before posting decisions. They have until May 16th to give you a decision.

I applied to Cambridge BA, Imperial BEng, Durham BSc, Edinburgh BEng and Manchester BSc for Computer Science on the 27th of September and I've got one decision left (Durham). Each university starts processing applicants at different times and each department within the university also starts at different times.

For instance, I got my Manchester offer a week after applying but my friends who had arguably stronger applications than I did had to wait a month. None of us are classed as internationals, nor do we fall under the contextual applicants scheme.

I had to wait three weeks for my Edinburgh offer. Pre-interview rejection from Cambridge in November. Imperial offer in December after admissions test in October and interview at the end of November.

So you see, universities can take as long as they want to. w
No relation to consideration time and likelihood of offer.

Average decision time is 7 weeks and will almost certainly be longer just after the guaranteed consideration deadline.
I’d say possibly the opposite. They reject people who aren’t of standard and then put the others aside to go through in more detail. Just had second offer and waiting on 3. Applied early Dec
Reply 4
If you apply in January you will usually wait longer for a decision simply because of the bulk of applications each Uni is then wading through - and if you have applied for a competitive subject / competitive Unis it will also tend to take longer again because of the number of applications.
Reply 5
Original post by ankxx

Thats not strictly true. Some unis just do take a while. Its only been 10 days and some unis just like to take their time.
Reply 6
Original post by ankxx

I have also applied for the same course at the exact same Unis! This course is competitive at the places you mentioned, so it might take 3-4 weeks from now, so hang in there! What are your predicted grades though?
Reply 7
Original post by navya2136
i have also applied for the same course at the exact same unis! This course is competitive at the places you mentioned, so it might take 3-4 weeks from now, so hang in there! What are your predicted grades though?

93.2 aissee
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending