The Student Room Group

PwC Virtual Career Focus Day 2021

Just managed to book a VAC with PwC in 2 weeks. Really nervous.

Can anyone who has completed the career focus day in audit, give me a taste of the day and provide some general tips to prepare for it

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, congratulations for making it onto the assessment day.

I just booked my slot for the audit career focus day too! I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as you, I don't quite know what to expect, especially as the assessment day is virtual rather than in person. If it follows the same format as other assessment days it will be as follows:

Written report --> Assessments (Numerical/verbal/logical) --> Group exercise --> Reflective interview.

However, I have noticed from the employability hub that the career focus day will give us a calendar and we will have to follow it, go to meetings etc.

I assume the day will be broadly similar to the in-person assessment centre, however, I could be wrong and it could have changed due to the virtual nature of the day. All the information I have is from the "employability hub" in the "Before your assessment day" panel.

Best of luck!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by LeonBly
Hey, congratulations for making it onto the assessment day.

I just booked my slot for the audit career focus day too! I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as you, I don't quite know what to expect, especially as the assessment day is virtual rather than in person. If it follows the same format as other assessment days it will be as follows:

Written report --> Assessments (Numerical/verbal/logical) --> Group exercise --> Reflective interview.

However, I have noticed from the employability hub that the career focus day will give us a calendar and we will have to follow it, go to meetings etc.

I assume the day will be broadly similar to the in-person assessment centre, however, I could be wrong and it could have changed due to the virtual nature of the day. All the information I have is from the "employability hub" in the "Before your assessment day" panel.

Best of luck!

Thank you!!! I hope the focus day goes well for you!
Reply 3
Hey,
I have the assessment in about 3 weeks. I was wondering if you guys had done it, and if you don't mind sharing the layout of the day, and if anything had changed from the normal assessment center tasks. Thanks!
Original post by superboy123

Can anyone who has completed the career focus day in audit, give me a taste of the day and provide some general tips to prepare for it

Hey, I have the VAC as well. Please do you mind giving tips on the VAC and how it went? Thank you!
Reply 5
Original post by superboy123

Hey, how was your VAC? Could you kindly tell me more about the day?
Reply 6
hey, I did my PwC interview today - how soon shall I expect to hear regarding the outcome? THANKS
Reply 7
Original post by J77mie
hey, I did my PwC interview today - how soon shall I expect to hear regarding the outcome? THANKS

I believe mine took around 7/8 days
Reply 8
Original post by Ara1234
I believe mine took around 7/8 days

thanks for letting me know - I hope you passed?
Hi! I have my career focus day in a week and I have no clue what to expect! Is there anyone that has done a virtual career focus day that could give any insight as to what to expect and how to prepare? Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by shreya2706
Hi! I have my career focus day in a week and I have no clue what to expect! Is there anyone that has done a virtual career focus day that could give any insight as to what to expect and how to prepare? Thanks in advance :smile:

Hey, is yours on the 19th? I have got mine next week too!
Original post by p2-sankhla
Hey, is yours on the 19th? I have got mine next week too!

Yep! Mine is on the 19th - what scheme did you apply to?
Yep! Mine is on the 19th - what scheme did you apply to?

We could be in the same one!
I applied for Audit Centre of Excellence. What about you?

Financial Decisions and Analysis :smile: How are you prepping for the day? I have no idea what to expect
Financial Decisions and Analysis :smile: How are you prepping for the day? I have no idea what to expect

Let us know how it went please so we can all benefit. Thank u and I hope u guys do well. I applied for the forensic technology
Reply 15
Original post by J77mie

Hi, I have my VAC next week, can you please give me some points and tips about what was asked and what to expect. I am really nervous. Thanks
Original post by hk998
Hi, I have my VAC next week, can you please give me some points and tips about what was asked and what to expect. I am really nervous. Thanks

I have one next week also. Which one did u apply for?
How did it go?

How did it go? What did you have to do?
Original post by J77mie

Hi can I ask when you heard your feedback? I have been waiting for 2 weeks and they told me that they will let me know by the end of the third week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending